[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] SCI role

WUKnoben wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de
Tue Aug 20 08:35:39 UTC 2013

All.

the GNSO council at its next meeting on Sep 05 shall discuss the SCI role as intended from the Durban meeting. The “historical” information to be provided by Jeff Newman is still pending but seems to be important for the understanding of where the SCI comes from.
If the SCI wants to submit some input to this discussion the SCI meeting on Sep 04 seems to be too close to the council meeting in order to prepare some statement. In this case we should start immediately on the list.

To my understanding the only item still open is about the working method – WG model or full consensus. In my view a statement outlining the pros and cons would be helpful.
The role itself – the SCI as an ongoing working institution – was not objected by the council.

Best regards

Wolf-Ulrich