[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Suspension or Termination of a PDP

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Wed Feb 6 12:57:16 UTC 2013

A couple of comments:
* The first sentence of the last paragraph says 'specifying the reasons for
the action taken', but it is not the WG that can take the action to suspend
or terminate, but the Council. Should it read 'specifying the reasons for
recommending termination or suspension'?
* I'm still concerned by the bureaucracy this builds into the PDP. One of
the main objectives of the last review was to build in more flexibility. The
current language hardly leaves any room for the GNSO Council to exercise
flexibility (in certain cases there may not be a need or demand for a formal
report or public comment forum). A possible alternative could be to require
the development of a formal termination / suspension report at the request
of any GNSO SG/C or SO/ AC? This would allow for more flexibility while at
the same time giving any party with an interest in the PDP a means to
request a formal report on the reasons for termination or suspension.
Best regards,

Marika