[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] MP3 recording of the SCI meeting - 06 February 2013

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Wed Feb 6 22:50:00 UTC 2013

Dear All,

The next meeting of the Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation meeting will be held on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 at 21:00 UTC.
Please note Wednesday at 21:00 UTC  is the new time for regular meetings every two weeks!

Please find the MP3 recording of the Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation meeting held on Wednesday,  06 February  2013 at 21:00UTC.
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-sci-20130206-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#oct>feb
(transcripts and recording are found on the calendar page)

At the bottom of the attendance list, you will find the list of members currently subscribed to the mailing list.

Attendees:
Ronald Andruff - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Primary - chair
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben - ISPCP - Primary
Angie Graves - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Alternate
Anne Aikman-Scalese - IPC Primary
J. Scott Evans - IPC - Alternate
Avri Doria - Non Commercial SG - Primary - vice chair
Thomas Rickert - NCA - Alternate
Mary Wong -NCUC  - Alternate
Jennifer Standiford - Registrar SG Primary
J Scott Evans -  IPC - Alternate

Apologies :
Jennifer Wolfe - NCA primary
Julie Hedlund

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Nathalie Peregrine

Members subscribed to the mailing list

Ron Andruff - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Primary
Angie  Graves - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Alternate
J Scott Evans -  IPC - Alternate
Anne Aikman Scalese - IPC - Primary
Tony Holmes  - ISPCP - Alternate
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben -- ISPCP - Primary

Avri Doria - Non Commercial SG - Primary - vice chair
Mary Wong - Non Commercial SG - Alternate

Alain Berranger  - NPOC primary
Jennifer Wolfe - NCA primary

Thomas Rickert -NCA alternate

James  Bladel - Registrar Stakeholder Group - Alternate
Jennifer Standiford - Registrar SG Primary
Ray Fassett - RySG - Primary
Jeff Neuman - RySG - Alternate

Jonathan Robinson - GNSO Chair - Observer

Mason Cole - GNSO Vice Chair - Observer

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you.
Kind regards,

Nathalie

Adobe Connect chat transcript 06 February 2013:

   Julie Hedlund:This is the 06 February 2013 meeting of the GNSO Standing Committee on Improvements (SCI)

  Ron A:Good afternoon, Julie.  I thought you were going to be away for this call. Pleasant surprise...

  Marika Konings:Hi Ron, actually Julie is on vacation but she did set up the Adobe Connect room and left that message ;-)

  Ron A:That's efficiency!  Good to know that she is indeed away or I may have saddled her with all manner of work...;o)

  Mary Wong:Hear hear!

  Marika Konings:https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosci/4.+Members

  J Scott Evans:I am dialing in now.  On hold

  Nathalie  Peregrine:J.Scott Evans has joined theAC room

  J Scott Evans: I am on now

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Hi J. Scott - assume you have latest versions of the Elections draft and the PDP Suspension draft.  Anne

  Avri Doria:Marika, you I will be sending in the details.

  J Scott Evans:Julie & Marika do you have the 2 documents I circulated yesterday morning PST?

  Marika Konings:Yes, I have them ready in Adobe Connect

  J Scott Evans:Thank you.

  J Scott Evans:let's delete "the action taken" and insert "recommendation"

  Mary Wong:And do the same fof the end of the sentence.

  J Scott Evans:Mary, that would work for me.

  J Scott Evans:In the case of a proposed termination of a PDP prior to the issuance of a final report or suspension of a PDP, the GNSO liaison to the Working Group shall promptly submit to the Council a written Termination Report or Suspension Report specifying the reasons for the recommended action, if applicable, the points of view represented in the Working Group and the consensus status (as defined by the GNSO Working Group Guidelines) at the time such recommended action is taken. In the event no Working Group has been formed, the Council shall promptly prepare a Termination Report or Suspension Report specifying the reasons for the recommended action and shall conduct a public comment forum seeking community input on the report first prior to conducting a vote

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Just a point that in the sixth line of  the last paragraph, should we be saying "action is taken" or "action is recommended"?

  J Scott Evans:This is really tough to read in the room.

  Marika Konings:You can increase the size by clicking the plus sign at the bottom of the pod or use the percentage tab.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:I zoomed to 125 in the menu at the bottom

  Avri Doria:We can't have more that 2 candidates for gnso chair until we get a thrid house.

  J Scott Evans:so we would amend pt 2 to say "In the event no one candidate receives a clear majority, the GNSO Secretariat will conduct an election between the two candidates receiving the most votes via email ballot and tally the results afte one week."

  J Scott Evans:I have to jump off this call and on to anohter.  Thanks to everyone for their thoughtful remarks today.

  Ron A:Thank you J Scott!

  Mary Wong:@Thomas, that's not why (chance of vote).

  Mary Wong:I view the SCI as a kind of oversight body, so Full Consensus is important for that role (esp given that even when we don't achieve it, the Council will still be informed of why).

  Avri Doria:I am more than willing to repsond to THomas' questions, but when we start working on this.

  Avri Doria:council is management and supposed to be voting on whether proper process was followed.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:I would support reporting to the GNSO where all primary members agree there is an impasse and full consensus will not be reached.

  Avri Doria:that is the job of a liaison

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:THank you Ron and everyone - until Monday for the subgroup!

  Wolf Knoben:Thanks Ron and bye all

  Mary Wong:Dito!

Nathalie Peregrine
GNSO Secretariat