[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Re-Submitting a Motion - Revision 20 February

Julie Hedlund julie.hedlund at icann.org
Wed Feb 20 23:14:53 UTC 2013

Dear SCI members,

Based on our discussion today, please see below revised options.  Please let me know if you have any changes.  Once the SCI agrees to the options for consideration, the action is for members to circulate them to their Constituencies and Stakeholder Groups.  These also are posted to the wiki.

Best regards,

Julie

Julie Hedlund, Policy Director

Possible Options for Addressing the Re-Submission of a Motion:

1.  Leave up to discretion of the Chair

2.  Set one or more high-level criteria (in this order):

1)  Provide a reasoning to justify the resubmission of a motion. Complete no later than the deadline for submitting a motion --  8 days prior to  the next GNSO Council meeting.
2)  Publish the text of the re-submitted motion. Complete no later than the deadline for submitting a motion --  8 days prior to  the next GNSO Council meeting.
3)  Require a seconder of the motion from each house as a prerequisite for placing the re-submission of the motion on the consent agenda.
4)  Allow a councilor to ask for the re-submission of the motion to be taken off the consent agenda and to request a Council vote on whether to accept the re-submission.