[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] New task

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Jan 9 22:40:16 UTC 2013

Hi,

The problem is that the g-council is a management process.  It is the WG that are the consensus building.  To go back to the council as consensus is to go back to the days of council as legislature.

In its management role, the g-council does not arrive at consensus.  It votes in blocks that for the most part does not even allow its members to have their own points of view but are being ordered by SG/C to vote in a block a certain way.  That is not a consensus process.  It is a strictly defined voting organization.  In the GNSO, WG are consensus, g-council is management by vote.

This may be a good thing to bring up in the upcoming review, but I do not see any way for SCI to unwind the voting complexities of the g-council.

avri