[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] MP3 recording of the SCI meeting - 23 January 2013

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Thu Jan 24 04:14:23 UTC 2013

Dear All,

The next meeting of the Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation meeting will be held on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 at 21:00 UTC.
Please note Wednesday at 21:00 UTC  is the new time for regular meetings every two weeks!

Please find the MP3 recording of the Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation meeting held on Wednesday,  23 January  2013 at 21:00UTC.
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-sci-20130123-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#oct>jan
(transcripts and recording are found on the calendar page)
At the bottom of the attendance list, you will find the list of members currently subscribed to the mailing list.

Attendees:
Ronald Andruff - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Primary - chair
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben - ISPCP - Primary
Angie Graves - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Alternate
Anne Aikman-Scalese - IPC Primary
J. Scott Evans - IPC - Alternate
Avri Doria - Non Commercial SG - Primary - vice chair
Alain Berranger - NPOC - Primary
Jennifer Wolfe - NCA primary
Thomas Rickert - NCA - Alternate
Mary Wong -NCUC  - Alternate

Apologies : none

ICANN Staff:
Julie Hedlund
Nathalie Peregrine

Members subscribed to the mailing list

Ron Andruff - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Primary
Angie  Graves - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Alternate
J Scott Evans -  IPC - Alternate
Anne Aikman Scalese - IPC - Primary
Tony Holmes  - ISPCP - Alternate
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben -- ISPCP - Primary

Avri Doria - Non Commercial SG - Primary - vice chair
Mary Wong - Non Commercial SG - Alternate

Alain Berranger  - NPOC primary
Jennifer Wolfe - NCA primary

Thomas Rickert -NCA alternate

James  Bladel - Registrar Stakeholder Group - Alternate
Jennifer Standiford - Registrar SG Primary
Ray Fassett - RySG - Primary
Jeff Neuman - RySG - Alternate

Jonathan Robinson - GNSO Chair - Observer

Mason Cole - GNSO Vice Chair - Observer

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you.
Kind regards,

Nathalie

Adobe Connect chat transcript 23 January 2013:

  Julie Hedlund:Welcome to the meeting of the GNSO Standing Committee on Improvements (SCI)

  Julie Hedlund:23 January 2013

  Thomas Rickert:Just joined. Hello everyone!

  Alain Berranger, NPOC:Greetings everyone!

  Julie Hedlund:The Vice Chair's term shall not be similarly limited, irrespective of whether the Vice Chair choses to stand for Chair in any one year.

  Mary Wong:Thanks, Julie - that's what I had in mind.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jennifer Wolfe has joined the AC room

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:   consider - should the vice chair choose to run for Chair, the Vice Chair's term limit shall not prohibit the Vice Chair from doing so.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Wolf Ulrich has joined the call

  Wolf Knoben:Hello together

  Avri Doria:I strongly object to eliminating the requirement for full consensus.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:trying to achieve full consesus is much better

  Mary Wong:The tenth laggard was me :)

  Avri Doria:i did it so long ago, i don't remember.  but i thnk i added comments to the survey itself

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:      last time Avri raised an example of no working group having been formed and no WG was formed

  Julie Hedlund:I have the manual up

  Alain Berranger, NPOC:need to sign out, thanks

  Avri Doria:yes, it is the sing of consensus being necessary.  toerhwsie we would have accepted something with a defect

  Avri Doria:ok, sign not sing.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:agree with Avri

  Wolf Knoben:would be happy to hear you singing

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:I like "sing"

  Julie Hedlund:Note that because the changes to the GNSO Operating Procedures on suspention/termination of a PDP are substantive, once the SCI approves them they will need to go out for public comment

  Avri Doria:I think a correlate of Hard case makes bad law, is hard case makes dangerous precedent

  Mary Wong:@Ron, that's my "reward"? Pshaw :)

  Thomas Rickert:OK

  Avri Doria:sure

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:    consider - If a motion is submitted and seconded which is identical to a motion previously defeated, then the Chair shall have discretion to allow  vote o the identical motion IF   (state conditions)?

Nathalie Peregrine
GNSO Secretariat