[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] FOR DISCUSSION: Re-Submission of a Motion

Julie Hedlund julie.hedlund at icann.org
Mon Jul 1 17:51:13 UTC 2013

Dear SCI members,

As discussed on our 04 June call, we will continue discussion on
re-submission of a motion at our meeting tomorrow, 02 July.  There was
agreement on option 2 (see below), but not on which criteria to include (see
comments from Anne and James in their emails below).

Best regards,

Julie

Julie Hedlund, Policy Director

Procedure for Re-Submission of a Motion:

Option 2 -- Set one or more high-level criteria (in this order):

1)  Provide a reasoning to justify the resubmission of a motion. Complete no
later than the deadline for submitting a motion --  8 days prior to  the
next GNSO Council meeting.
2)  Publish the text of the re-submitted motion. Complete no later than the
deadline for submitting a motion --  8 days prior to  the next GNSO Council
meeting.
3)  Require a seconder of the motion from each house as a prerequisite for
placing the re-submission of the motion on the consent agenda.
4)  Allow a councilor to ask for the re-submission of the motion to be taken
off the consent agenda and to request a Council vote on whether to accept
the re-submission.