[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Draft WG Self-Assessment Design, Objectives, and Questionnaire

Ken Bour ken.bour at verizon.net
Mon Jun 10 20:43:31 UTC 2013

SCI Team Members:

Since our last teleconference, I have been working on the development of a
WG Self-Assessment instrument. Rather than inundate the SCI email list with
multiple drafts and iterations during the incubation period, I thought it
would be more helpful to post my work products to the ICANN Community Wiki.
I have now reached a point where I think the material is ready for your
review.

In particular, you will find the following pages under the GNSO tab
(category) and Working Group Resources space. Below is the hierarchy
including links:

WG Self-Assessments: https://community.icann.org/x/2Cp-Ag

.         Design Considerations: https://community.icann.org/x/USt-Ag

.         Learning Objectives: https://community.icann.org/x/hit-Ag

.         Questionnaire (Draft v1): https://community.icann.org/x/EC1-Ag

If you want to follow my developmental logic path, I suggest starting at the
top and proceeding in the sequence shown. If you want to skip to the actual
draft questionnaire, it is contained in the bottom linked page. I included a
few notes which you should bear in mind before perusing the actual
questions.

At this stage, I would like to receive your feedback before proceeding
further to be sure that I am on a productive track. You will certainly
notice that this instrument is no longer focused on the WG Guidelines
documentation (the original survey scope); instead, on the effectiveness of
the WG's operations, norms, logistics, decision-making, and outputs. I
included my rationale for that shift at the top of the Design Considerations
<https://community.icann.org/x/USt-Ag>  page.

Feel free to comment on the email list or add comments to the individual
Wiki pages. I will attend to both sources over the next week or so as you
have time to review and evaluate my recommended approach to the WG
Self-Assessment.

Regards,

Ken Bour