[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] MP3 recording of the SCI meeting - 22 May 2013

Julia Charvolen julia.charvolen at icann.org
Wed May 22 22:16:15 UTC 2013

Dear All,

The next Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation meeting will be held in two weeks (the week of 3rd June), time will be determined by the Doodle poll that will be sent to the list shortly.

Please find the MP3 recording of the Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation meeting held on Wednesday,  22 May 2013 at 20:00UTC.

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-sci-20130522-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#oct>mar
(transcripts and recording are found on the calendar page)

Attendees:
James Bladel – Registrar Stakeholder Group – Primary
Jennifer Standiford - Registrar Stakeholder Group – Alternate
Ray Fassett – Registry Stakeholder Group - Primary
Ronald Andruff – Commercial and Business Users Constituency – Primary – Chair
Angie Graves - Commercial and Business Users Constituency – Alternate
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben – ISPCP – Primary
Mikey O’Connor  – ISPCP – Alternate
Avri Doria – Non Commercial SG – Primary – Vice-Chair
Mary Wong – NCUC – Primary
Jennifer Wolfe – NCA primary
Ken Bour –  guest speaker

Apologies :
Anne Aikman-Scalese – IPC Primary

ICANN Staff:
Julie Hedlund
Julia Charvolen

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you.
Kind regards,
 Julia Charvolen
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Connect chat transcript 22 May 2013:

Julia Charvolen:Angie Graves and Ray Fassett have joined the call
  Julia Charvolen:Mary Wong and Wolf Ulrich Knoben have joined the call
  Julia Charvolen:Jennifer Standiford joined the meeting
  Avri Doria:back
  Mary Wong:Actually, I wasn't on the Charter Redrafting Subcommittee.
  Jennifer Wolfe:I agree with Avri.  I apologize I have to leave Adobe Connect, but will continue to be on my cell in my car.
  Julie Hedlund:Thanks Jennifer.  Noted.
  Mary Wong:Me too. I'm particularly struck by the fact that we're not a WG and have a different function.
  Bladel:Are we inserting "Full Consensus" or removing it in favor of "Standard WG Rules"
  Mary Wong:@James, "full consensus as defined by the WG Rules".
  Julie Hedlund:I think Avri was suggesting substituting full consensus for the Standard WG Rules
  Avri Doria:no it was becasue we required fgull consensus.
  Avri Doria:exactly.
  Mike O'Connor:i think she's setting the bar higher
  Avri Doria:yes that is what i am sayon this group should only use full consensus.
  Mike O'Connor:full consensus per WG rules?
  Mike O'Connor:or unanymous?
  Avri Doria:yes, it used to be full consensus and that is what i think it should remian.
  Julia Charvolen:Please mute your line if you are not speaking
  Avri Doria:ful consensus == unanimity
  Mary Wong:@Mikey, yes, Full Consensus would have the same meaning as for a WG.
  Julie Hedlund:As defined in the WG standard methodology as: • Full consensus - when no one in the group speaks against the recommendation in its last readings.  This is also sometimes referred to as Unanimous Consensus.• Full consensus - when no one in the group speaks against the recommendation in its last readings.  This is also sometimes referred to as Unanimous Consensus.
  Julie Hedlund:Sorry -- I pasted it twice
  Bladel:Full Consensus = No Objections.
  Mike O'Connor:ah.  thanks
  Avri Doria:exactly
  Bladel:Kinda how the GAC does business.
  Avri Doria:yes
  Mike O'Connor:what is our current standard of consensus?  full consensus?
  Ron A:@ Mikey: Yes, full is our current standard
  Avri Doria:i do not approve of the way this meeting is being maniopulated
  Mike O'Connor:i agree with Avri on both counts -- full consensus, and follow the queue
  Ron A:We have only 8 minutes left in this part and I would like to have a broad discussion of all members
  Mike O'Connor:yikes.  fell off the call
  Mike O'Connor:i'm with Avri.  back in a minute
  Julia Charvolen:Mike do you wish the operator to dial out to you?
  Mike O'Connor:naw -- an elephant stepped on my phone.
  Julia Charvolen:Mike is back in
  Mike O'Connor:does the IPC have representation on the SCI right now?  do we have to wait for that, before acting on anything?
  Bladel:Can I request that Staff re=send the two options & the 4 criteria?
  Ron A:IPC has 2 reps, but J Scott just resigned. Anne is at her son's grad.
  Mike O'Connor:thx
  Ron A:IPC had not yet taken their members' temp on this issue
  Mike O'Connor:a little closer to the mic should do the trick Ken
  Mary Wong:Agree with Mikey.
  Mike O'Connor:i'd wait a month -- so we can get Ken's stuff too
  Mike O'Connor:which way are we voting w/agree/disagree?
  Bladel:Mikey:  Agree, going forward monthly, but lets' have one more "reboot" meeting.
  Avri Doria:prefer monthly
  Mike O'Connor:that's fine.  Ken, can you get some of your stuff out in time for that meeting too?
  Bladel:close the charter, etc. but the SOP would be monthly after that.
  Avri Doria:had sound go out during the'vote'
  Mike O'Connor:your sound just dropped again Avri
  Avri Doria:never mind.
  Avri Doria:ok
  Julie Hedlund:The suggestion is two weeks and then to a monthly schedule.
  Avri Doria:thanks
  Bladel:bingo
  Avri Doria:cheers
  Mary Wong:Thx Ron, Julie, everyone!