[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] WG Self-Assessments

Ken Bour ken.bour at verizon.net
Thu May 23 15:04:49 UTC 2013

Mikey:

Thank you for your feedback and kind endorsements.

I am particularly supportive of your penultimate paragraph and the
unintended side-effects that almost invariably occur when performance
measurements (metrics) are instituted. I am fond of another adage that
applies here, "Be careful not to reward A while hoping for B!" On the other
hand, the collection and dissemination of qualitative feedback, especially
when the objective is purely improvement toward excellence, can be immensely
informative and valuable. If the SCI's will is that I remain involved with
this effort, that would be my overriding goal in developing a WG
Self-Assessment instrument.

Regards,

Ken