[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] MP3 recording of the SCI meeting - 08 October 2013

Julia Charvolen julia.charvolen at icann.org
Wed Oct 9 07:18:02 UTC 2013

Dear All,

The next Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation meeting will be held in Buenos Aires in November.

Please find the MP3 recording of the Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation meeting held on Tuesday, 08 October 2013 at 19:00UTC.
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-sci-20131008-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#oct>oct
(transcripts and recording are found on the calendar page)

Attendees:
James Bladel – Registrar Stakeholder Group – Primary
Ronald Andruff – Commercial and Business Users Constituency – Primary – Chair
Angie Graves - Commercial and Business Users Constituency – Alternate
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben – ISPCP – Primary
Mikey O’Connor  – ISPCP – Alternate
Avri Doria – Non Commercial SG – Primary – Vice-Chair
Amr Elsadr – NCUC - Alternate
Jennifer Wolfe – NCA - primary
Greg Shatan – IPC - Alternate

Apologies:
Nuno Garcia – NCUC – Alternate
Anne Aikman-Scalese – IPC - Primary
Marie Laure Lemineur – NPOC

ICANN Staff:
Julie Hedlund
Lars Hoffmann
Glen de Saint Géry
Julia Charvolen

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Julia Charvolen
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Connect chat transcript 08 October 2013:
  Ron A:Good day everyone! Just dialing in now.
  Amr Elsadr:Hi. I'm also dialling in.
  Mike O'Connor:i think that there are apologies from Anne Aikman-Scalese as well
  Julia Charvolen:Thank you, apologies noted
  Mike O'Connor:Greg, can you post the language into the chat?
  Greg Shatan:Upon the second resubmission of a motion (i.e. the third time the same motion comes before the Council), require a seconder of the motion from each house as a prerequisite for placing the re-submitted motion on the consent agenda.
  Mike O'Connor:perfecto!  thanks
  Mike O'Connor:i think the time limit is a separate bullet
  Bladel:Agree.  "Motion TTL"
  Mike O'Connor:but in days, not seconds
  Bladel:or years. :)
  Mike O'Connor:+1 6 months
  Mike O'Connor:me too
  Mike O'Connor:but soon
  Mike O'Connor:maybe give Greg one more round of describing why before we move on?
  Bladel:Put another way:  I think we're trying to develop rules that prevent people from being disruptive jerks.  Not sure if that is possible. :)
  Julia Charvolen:Julie Hedlund joined the phone bridge
  Ron A:@ James: Agreed.
  Mike O'Connor:if somebody can make me host, i can push it up
  Mike O'Connor:hang on a sec
  Greg Shatan:@Mikey Congrats on being made a host!  A round of drinks for everybody?
  Mike O'Connor:woohoo!
  Mike O'Connor:avri you're muted
  Amr Elsadr:Since we're not discussing the decision-making issue, I think the rest of the draft looks pretty good.
  Mike O'Connor:i don't think Glen is monitoring the call.
  Amr Elsadr:Yes. Oct 31st.
  Jennifer Wolfe:Sounds like a good plan!
  Julie Hedlund:@Ron: I take this up as an action item to send a clean version of the charter out to the list today.
  Ron A:Thank you Julie.
  Amr Elsadr:Yes we did. :)
  Amr Elsadr:Thnx.
  Jennifer Wolfe:I apologize, I have to jump off of Adobe Connect, but will try to dial back in from my mobile.
  Mike O'Connor:and add Amr's point to that introduction --
  Julie Hedlund:@Mickey and @Amr -- I didn't catch Amr's point.  Is there some text I can include?
  Amr Elsadr:@Julie: Some WG members filled in the questionnaire but didn't provide the feedback on the questions. It would be helpful if we could see what they were. There is too large a time-gap between filling them out and now to provide meaningful feedback.
  Mike O'Connor:thanks Amr
  Amr Elsadr:Thank YOU, Mikey. :)
  Mike O'Connor:is that format available somewhere?  a form?  i've got one to submit
  Julie Hedlund:@Amr:  Thank you, but I think I am confused.  It thought we were approaching a new WG with the questionnaire.  If so, are you suggesting that we ask at the introduction for people to provide also their feedback on the questions?
  Amr Elsadr:The questionnaire has been submitted to the "thick" whois pdp wg. Some of the members have already filled it out. It's difficult to fill out the feedback on the questions now though. Too much time has passed. It would be helpful if we have access to the questions that we've already answered for feedback.
  Mike O'Connor:the trouble is that the questionnaire is in one place, the feedback is in another -- it would be nice to have them side by side when giving feedback on the questionnaire
  Amr Elsadr:Yeah. That would be nice.
  Julie Hedlund:@Mickey and Amr -- thank you very much.  I will make that suggestion to Ken.
  Mike O'Connor:that conflicts with the Constituency meetings -- i won't be able to make it
  Julie Hedlund:@Mickey: Unfortunately we found it was impossible to find a time that didn't conflict.
  Mike O'Connor:i think almost everybody on this call will be conflicted
  Mike O'Connor:we're all in Constituencies
  Wolf Knoben:There are 2 meetings at that time: closed SG meetings and Board/GAC meeting
  Julie Hedlund:@Mickey: We can try to move the time of the call.  We needed to get in a placeholder for the meeting.
  Greg Shatan:The understanding on the IPC call was that the 4:30-6 time for constituency meetings was not supposed to be encroached.
  Mike O'Connor:Wolf is in charge of scheduling -- i bet that's why his hand is up
  Julie Hedlund:@Greg:  When we selected that time as a placeholder the constituency meeting hadn't been set.
  Bladel:Thanks everyone!
  Mike O'Connor:i bet that it's impossible to open up another time.
  Mike O'Connor:bye all
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks. Bye.
  Wolf Knoben:thanks
  Julie Hedlund:Thank you everyone!