[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] RE: SCI Charter Revisions

Ron Andruff randruff at rnapartners.com
Fri Oct 18 15:50:09 UTC 2013

Thank you, Julie. That clarifies the matter.

Kind regards,


Ron Andruff

-------- Original message --------
From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund at icann.org> 
Date: 10/18/2013  10:57  (GMT-05:00) 
To: Ron Andruff <randruff at rnapartners.com>,gnso-improvem-impl-sc at icann.org 
Subject: Re: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] RE: SCI Charter Revisions 

In order for the motion to be on the table for the meeting on the 31st it must be submitted by Monday the 21st.  This does not preclude, however, the Council from having the discussion on the methodology at the meeting on the 31st.  It just means that if the Council agrees on the methodology in its discussion on the 31st it will also be able to approve the charter (revised or not) also during that meeting.  The Charter can be revised (if necessary) following that discussion and submitted for approval during the same meeting.  

If the motion is not submitted by the motion deadline then the Council would not be able to approve the charter on the 31st, but would have to wait until the next meeting (Buenos Aires) to do so.

Best regards,

From: Ron Andruff <randruff at rnapartners.com>
Date: Friday, October 18, 2013 10:51 AM
To: "gnso-improvem-impl-sc at icann.org" <gnso-improvem-impl-sc at icann.org>
Cc: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund at icann.org>
Subject: RE: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] RE: SCI Charter Revisions

Thank you, Julie, Wolf-Ulrich,
Having reviewed the motion, it appears to be in order with one caveat; I believe that it is imperative that the GNSO Council come to a final determination on the decision-making methodology before the motion is introduced.  That may well be the intention and your understanding, but I did want to flag that for clarity.  No point in voting on a ‘half-baked cake’, as it were.
The SCI looks forward to hearing the outcome of the Council October 31st meeting.
Kind regards,
Ron Andruff
RNA Partners
From: Julie Hedlund [mailto:julie.hedlund at icann.org] 
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 09:31
To: Ron Andruff; gnso-improvem-impl-sc at icann.org
Subject: Re: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] RE: SCI Charter Revisions
Dear Ron and SCI members,
Wolf-Ulrich has agreed to submit the attached motion for consideration by the Council at its meeting on 31 October for approval of the charter.  At its meeting the Council also will discuss the decision-making methodology, so it is possible that the Council may revise the charter prior to its approval.  I will update you on 31 October as to the outcome of the discussion, and whether the charter is revised and/or
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-improvem-impl-sc/attachments/20131018/19123f17/attachment.html>

More information about the Gnso-improvem-impl-sc mailing list