[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] RE: Background on New Issues: Email Voting and Procedural Waivers

Aikman-Scalese, Anne AAikman at lrrlaw.com
Thu Oct 31 22:18:20 UTC 2013

Thanks Julie - very helpful.  One of the issues that is problematic in relation to the second task is that a Councilor won't  know in advance of the meeting  whether a requirement will be waived or not and thus may not have had time to address the issue(s) with his/her constituency or stakeholder group.  Multiple late motions would present a large problem in relation to any given meeting.  ( As to motions, it seems the ten calendar day advance notice has been working well in terms of the ability to brief stakeholders and receive input prior to GNSO Council meetings. )

We should likely look at several different types of situations that might make a waiver procedure desirable.    Those who have been or are sitting on GNSO Council now may be good resources for suggestions as to various situations where waiver might  be appropriate.

Anne

[cid:image001.gif at 01CED64B.5185AF50]

Anne E. Aikman-Scalese, Of Counsel

Lewis Roca Rothgerber LLP | Suite 700

One South Church Avenue | Tucson, Arizona 85701-1611

(T) 520.629.4428 | (F) 520.879.4725

AAikman at LRRLaw.com<mailto:AAikman at LRRLaw.com> | www.LRRLaw.com<http://www.lrrlaw.com/>

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CED64B.5185AF50]

Lewis and Roca LLP is now Lewis Roca Rothgerber LLP.