[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Action: Re-Submitting a Motion

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Thu Sep 12 15:44:36 UTC 2013

Hi Jen,

There is one thing that I feel needs to be noted in the sequence of the events of this particular incident:

On Sep 12, 2013, at 5:32 PM, Jen Wolfe <jwolfe at wolfedomain.com> wrote:

> As additional background, the instance which prompted this issue to be considered was one where a councilor abstained from a vote because of a potential conflict of interest on the motion.  When a question was raised as to why he abstained,   it was concluded he did not need to abstain because his SOI covered the conflict issue.  The request was then made to either cast another vote or resubmit the motion.  No one objected to resubmitting the motion and resubmitting the motion for a vote did not change the substantive outcome.

The request to either cast another vote or resubmit the motion was not made directly following the voting, but at the very end of the meeting. By then, a few councillors had already dropped off the call. My impression at the time was that there might have been an objection to the resubmission of the motion had that not been the case, with all the councillors being present. This was a while back though, so please correct me if I am mistaken.

Thanks.

Amr