[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] MP3 recording of the SCI meeting - 25 February 2014

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Feb 25 21:47:23 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording of the Standing Committee on Improvements
Implementation meeting held on Tuesday, 25 February 2014 at 20:00 UTC.

 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-sci-20140225-en.mp3>
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-sci-20140225-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#oct> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#feb
(transcripts and recording are found on the calendar page)

Attendees:

Ronald Andruff - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Primary -
Chair

Angie Graves - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Alternate

Greg Shatan - IPC - Alternate

Cintra Sooknanan: NPOC Primary - SCI Vice Chair
Amr Elsadr - NCUC Alternate

Jennifer Standiford - Registrar Stakeholder Group - Primary

Thomas Rickert - Nominating Committee Appointee - Alternate

Apologies:
Marie-Laure Lemineur - NPOC Alternative

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings

Julie Hedlund

Nathalie Peregrine

Terri Agnew

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

GNSO Secretariat

 <mailto:gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org> gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org

 <http://gnso.icann.org> http://gnso.icann.org

Adobe Chat Transcript 25 February 2014

    Terri Agnew: Welcome to the Standing Committee on Improvements
Implementation meeting on Tuesday 25th February 2014 at 20:00 UTC

  Ron A:Good day everyone.  Awaiting the operator to let me on the call.

  Julie Hedlund:Hello everyone.  I also am waiting for the operator.

  Marika Konings:Same here - looks like jazz is the new trend ;-)

  Julie Hedlund:Yes, very jazzy!

  Ron A:I'm wondering what is going on... been holding for 5 mins now...

  Julie Hedlund:I am in now.  Maybe they are catching up.

  Marika Konings:Still on hold

  Thomas Rickert:So am I...

  Thomas Rickert:Hi all!

  Cintra Sooknanan:Hi everyone

  Cintra Sooknanan:I'm going to see if connecting through the adobe room
works

  Cintra Sooknanan:if I have difficulty I'll request a dial out

  Ron A:Looks like Adigo is having some staffing problems to let everyone on
to the call... Will start at 15:05

  Ron A:eEST

  Amr Elsadr:Dialling in now.

  Jennifer Standiford:hello

  Amr Elsadr:I just dialled in but can't hear anything. Has the meeting
started?

  Ron A:Not yet Amr.

  Cintra Sooknanan:no all quiet now

  Amr Elsadr:Ah. Thnx. :)

  Ron A:Awaiting the rest of the committee as we have all been in the queue
to get into the call.

  Amr Elsadr:We don't have NCSG.

  Julie Hedlund:We also are missing Wolf-Ulrich from the ISPs

  Ron A:Thank you, Julie.

  Julie Hedlund:And missing Registry SG

  Ron A:Yes, already noted.  Thanks.

  Terri Agnew:Greg Shatan has joined

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Thomas and Marika. That's very helpful. This will need
to be changed here then.

  Amr Elsadr:I was going to raise my hand, but Thomas and Greg can probably
address this better than I can.

  Terri Agnew:Apology from Marie-Laure Lemineur

  Amr Elsadr:Since they were on the IGO/INGO WG.

  Greg Shatan:The issue was that the recommendations were not in the
negative....

  Marika Konings:@Greg - but if it is made clear to a WG in advance that it
is an option to make a recommendation against x, y or z, it may not be an
issue anymore?

  Greg Shatan:The IGO/INGO WG "consensus against" was not full consensus
against....

  Marika Konings:right, but that doesn't matter, does it? the designation
would determine the level of support against x, y or z?

  Greg Shatan:@Marika -- that was not possible in the instance, we would
have had double the number of recommendation, which would have put us near
100 recommendations, with half there only to provide a solution to this
problem.

  Marika Konings:Or you could also phrase it as 'the WG reached consensus on
not providing special protections on x, y or z?

  Marika Konings:Right, but is that one case sufficient to change the
designations where no other PDP WGs have encountered the same issue? Which I
think is also a question that was raised during the last meeting. Did the
sub-team go into that?

  Marika Konings:and to be clear, not expressing a specific view here ;-)

  Amr Elsadr:@Greg: That's what I was also thinking and hoped we could
avoid. RE: 3 added designations for decision-making levels.

  Amr Elsadr:A group might also opt to add recommendatins as a result of
community feedback that "the group" doesn't necessarily agree to.

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Greg.

  Amr Elsadr:I'm not actually sure how helpful a 24 hr notice would be, so
am not sure wether it is necessary or not.

  Amr Elsadr:I would add a section here to address the resubmission issue,
just for clarity.

  Amr Elsadr:@Greg: Agreed, but perhaps it just needs to be clarified.

  Ron A:Julie: Do we have that document that Thomas is speaking about?

  Greg Shatan:In the Actions #2, I think that should be Marika and Greg...

  Amr Elsadr:Oh yeah!! How'd I end up there?? :)

  Julie Hedlund:Yes -- you are right :-)

  Amr Elsadr:I'd be happy to help though. :)

  Julie Hedlund:Changed it!

  Greg Shatan:@Amr; Just a good volunteer.... :-)

  Julie Hedlund:@Amr: I guess it's just because you are so helpful ;-)

  Greg Shatan:Merika = Marika?

  Julie Hedlund:Yes -- I know a Merika too.

  Julie Hedlund::-)

  Marika Konings:Marika = Marika, I'm not sure who Merika is ;-)

  Cintra Sooknanan::)

  Julie Hedlund:Merika Kaeo -- she's on the SSAC but I don't think she wants
to take on more work!

  Julie Hedlund:Merike actually (not Merika)

  Marika Konings:@Amr - we can try to get you some double espressos ;-)

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Ron!! :D

  Julie Hedlund:Names are too similar

  Julie Hedlund:We'll be sure there's lots of coffee!

  Amr Elsadr:Thank you too Marika!! ;-)

  Greg Shatan:@Amr -- Just don' look at your watch....

  Marika Konings:And I've even done wake up calls before to make sure WG
chairs would show up on time ;-)

  Julie Hedlund:Thank you everyone!

  Amr Elsadr:I hope it doesn't come to that Marika!! You work a lot harder
than anyone on Council!! ;-)

  Thomas Rickert:Thanks and bye!

  Marika Konings::-)

  Cintra Sooknanan:bye