[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]SCI's request for clarification

Ron Andruff randruff at rnapartners.com
Thu Jun 26 07:26:22 UTC 2014

Dear Jonathan,

I write to follow up on the SCI update to the GNSO that took place on
Saturday, during the GNSO's weekend sessions here in London. I wanted to
make sure that the SCI's request for clarification was sufficiently clear so
as to enable the Council to provide us with the guidance we seek.

The following were the "action items" that the SCI had identified as
outstanding tasks for which we are seeking Council clarification:

*	The SCI may propose that E-Voting is to be permissible only in cases
where a motion has already been properly submitted for a regular Council
meeting but for various reasons cannot be voted on at that meeting. QUESTION
FOR GNSO COUNCIL: IS THIS UNDERSTANDING CORRECT?

*	The SCI notes that the Council's original request to the SCI
mentioned the need for speedy Council action as there is at present no
mechanism by which the Council could vote outside a regularly scheduled
Council meeting. Although it had initially proceeded on the basis/assumption
that the proposed new mechanism of E-Voting was not intended to extend the
time or provide an additional voting mechanism for those specific Council
actions that, at present, are eligible for Absentee Voting (which takes
place 72 hours after a regularly scheduled Council meeting and applies only
to certain listed actions such as initiating a PDP), the SCI seeks
clarification one way or the other from the Council on this point. -
QUESTION FOR COUNCIL: IS THIS UNDERSTANDING CORRECT?

Thank you for your kind attention.

Kind regards,

RA

Ron Andruff