[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] FW: Request to the SCI - Vote switching

Aikman-Scalese, Anne AAikman at lrrlaw.com
Thu Feb 26 20:42:49 UTC 2015

Dear SCI members,

Below is a written request to SCI from a member of the Business Constituency Charter Review Team.  I am wondering whether this request must come officially from the BC in order to be considered by SCI.

Separately, in the Singapore meeting, after delivery of the SCI report, Avri volunteered to draft a template for GNSO requests to SCI and to prepare drafts for Council of the two “immediate issue” requests mentioned in the SCI report, that is (1) friendly amendments to motions and (2) whether or not resubmitted motions are eligible for waiver of the ten day advance notice for motions.  I understand that Avri will be reviewing draft language for these requests with the Council.   It may make sense for us to see a draft and provide some comments, but that is up to Avri.

So the questions for staff are:

1.       Do I need to tell Martin Sutton (see note below) that the request must be submitted by the BC itself?

2.       Where do the “friendly amendment” and “applicability of 10 day waiver to resubmitted motions” action items from the GNSO Council meeting in Singapore stand at this time?

Thank you,
Anne

[cid:image001.gif at 01D051C9.7FCF9010]

Anne E. Aikman-Scalese, Of Counsel

Lewis Roca Rothgerber LLP |

One South Church Avenue Suite 700 | Tucson, Arizona 85701-1611

(T) 520.629.4428 | (F) 520.879.4725

AAikman at LRRLaw.com<mailto:AAikman at LRRLaw.com> | www.LRRLaw.com<http://www.lrrlaw.com/>