[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] SCI Letter to GNSO Council Chair Jonathan Robinson

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Jan 22 20:10:32 UTC 2015

Hi,

Belated apologies for missing the meeting.

Was there a consensus call on the four issues that are being included?
I know we have not done one on the list and was wondering if one had
been taken during the call.

A council liaison I would like to know that for my report.  I will of
course faithfully faithfully any letter the SCI wishes sent.

As a primary member I have doubts on whether I would have participated
in a positive consensus on these four items, though I might have allowed
them to pass without comment. Specifically on #3, I have been explicit
in not supporting a review of consensus levels while the GNSO review was
ongoing.  I also do not see the point of #2, as we could have done this
before but opted not to.  So while I would understand the council
requesting such a comment, I do not understand the SCI asking to redo
work it already did and has had accepted. Yes we had a difference of
opinion on whether to include resubmitted notions and that may have been
a good reason to withhold our recommendation.  But since we went ahead,
I do not understand the SCI asking to reopen this issue.

I can not support the letter as it stands.

thanks

avri

I have always been against, number 3, for example until such time as we
knew the results of any reorganizational review.