[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] SCI meeting agenda Thursday 23 July 18:00 UTC

WUKnoben wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de
Wed Jul 22 16:30:25 UTC 2015

Some thoughts re the waiver rule since I’ll be not participating the call:

1. I think the 1st sentence of the last para in 3.3.2 is confusing with the wording “...for the next Council meeting...”. Here the meeting is meant where the vote under 3.3.2 c is taken. So I feel more comfortable to remove the word “next”.

2. The text proposed in brackets theoretically opens a circle to repeatedly resubmit a motion the first time since according to the conditions under 4.3.3 only the explanation is to be submitted 10 days in advance. If this is achieved any late (re)submission of the motion is not to be considered as resubmission. This doesn’t make sense to me.

3. I’m not against waivering the 10 day rule. But I wonder whether it’s really needed to be formalized in the case of resubmission. Since in every case a former motion shall be tha basis for a resubmission I really can’t see it happen that the 10 day rule can’t be met. So my suggestion is to recommend:
a) not to amend the rules (besides removing the “next”, see above)
b) for the first ever contentious case on council to grant the waiver
c) if b) happens put it on the SCI agenda again to find a final solution

Nice meeting and best regards

Wolf-Ulrich