[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Re: Request to the SCI - Vote switching

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Tue Mar 10 10:43:42 UTC 2015

Hi,

I haven’t commented on this thread, mainly because I thought the discussion was headed in an agreeable direction.

I think Martin has raised an interesting point, and hope this issue doesn’t become a problem in the near or distant future. However, as noted by others, I don’t see this as an SCI issue. Since this isn’t a policy issue, I honestly don’t see this as something necessarily being within the scope of the GNSO Council either. Having said that, I don’t think it would be harmful for the council to discuss the issue. Ideally, this would have been picked up during the GNSO review, but should be individually tackled by the GNSO’s SGs/Cs.

Isn’t the Board SIC involved in the process of SG/C charter revisions as well? I tried searching for a process description, but couldn’t find one. May be helpful to reference that in any response we send Martin, if that is indeed the case. I seem to remember them being involved in the NCSG charter revision.

Thanks.

Amr