[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Notes/Actions: SCI Meeting 16June 2016

Julie Hedlund julie.hedlund at icann.org
Thu Jun 16 19:32:14 UTC 2016

Dear SCI members,


Please see below the notes and actions captured from the SCI meeting held on 16 June.  Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.  As discussed on the call, the next SCI call will be scheduled as needed if there are comments in the Public Forum that will be initiated following Helsinki on the revisions to the GNSO Operating Procedures, or if an issue request is received from the GNSO Council.


Kind regards,



Julie Hedlund, Policy Director


CONSENSUS CALL: Chair/Vice Chair Elections:



·         Consensus Call: Confirmation "yes" from IPC and NCUC, no objections received.

·         Grammatical issue was noted (and previously flagged by Amr) in the last sentence in #3 and will be corrected and notified to the SCI list.

·         It was agreed that while Amr will provide an update on the SCI activities via the GNSO Council list (with staff providing a draft email), there will be no need for an in-person update in Helsinki, nor will this update preclude the proposed revisions being sent out for public comment.

·         Following the Helsinki meeting staff will initiate a public forum on proposed revisions to the GNSO Operating Procedures.  

·         It was noted that the SCI will meet if there are comments in the forum, but otherwise staff will prepare the motion for the GNSO Council to adopt the revisions to the GNSO Operating Procedures at its meeting on 01 September, which will allow time for the procedures to take effect in time for preparations for the Annual General Meeting on 3-9 November. 

·         It was further noted that there are no other issues from the GNSO Council for the SCI at this time and none are anticipated. 


Action Items: 

1)       Change the final sentence in #3 to "Should a House fail to designate an interim Vice-Chair, the Designated Interim Vice-Chair from the other House will serve as an Interim Vice-Chair alone until a new Chair is conclusively elected." Strikeout “with the vacant Vice-Chair position”.

2)       Notify the list of the change and allow people until Monday COB to comment.

3)       After COB Monday staff will send an update email to Amr for him to review and send to the Council.

4)       Following Helsinki staff will initiate a public comment forum.   

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-improvem-impl-sc/attachments/20160616/969e3120/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 4630 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-improvem-impl-sc/attachments/20160616/969e3120/smime.p7s>

More information about the Gnso-improvem-impl-sc mailing list