[Gnso-newgtld-dg] Agenda for First Meeting of the DiscussionGroup for New gTLD Subsequent Rounds

Sam Lanfranco sam at lanfranco.net
Fri Aug 8 23:55:15 UTC 2014

All,

As one with no horses in the past races, and unlikely to have horses in
the future races here, I want to underscore the point made by Liz
Williams. The first stage is capturing lessons learned, from whatever
stakeholder's vantage point. We do need to hear from all stakeholder
constituencies, including those with strong vested interests. At most
the end produce of this stage will be something like a Green Paper that
identifies what went well, what went badly, and why; as well as areas
containing conflicted constituency vested interests.  This is step one.
Crafting the terms of reference for the next gTLD round builds from this
information and is step two. The transparency of the work will insure
that there are not lessons learned that are missed, or ignored.

Sam Lanfranco