[Gnso-newgtld-dg] Attendance and MP3 New gTLDs meeting - Monday 11 August 2014

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Aug 19 00:38:31 UTC 2014

Dear All,

 Apologies in the delay. Please find the MP3 recording for the GNSO New gTLDs Subsequent Rounds Discussion Group  call held on Monday 11 August 2014 at 14:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-20140811-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#aug> http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#aug

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Thomas Rickert - NomCom GNSO Council

Dan Rodgers - RrSG

Katim Touray - Individual

Brett Fausett - RySG

Alan Greenberg - ALAC

Martin Sutton - BC

Susan Payne - IPC

Craig Schwartz - Applicant

Jennifer Wolfe - Non Commerical

Dietmar Lenden - RySG

Ron Andruff - BC

Ching Chiao - RySG

Stuart Fuller -RrSG

Rubens Kuhl - RySG

Markus Germann - RrSG

Stephanie Duchesneau - RySG

Iliya Bazlyankov - RrSG

Avri Doria - NCSG

Jon Nevett - RySG

JC Vignes - NTAG

Stephane van Gelder - BC

Lucie Loos - Individual

Tom Lowenhaupt - ALAC

Sam Lanfranco - NPOC

Tobias Sattler - RrSG

Michelle Sara King - SOI

Mavis Hsieh – SOI

Trang Nguyen – SOI

Michael Berkens -SOI

Michael Palage -SOI

Apologies:

Oli Hope - RrSG

Mason Cole - RySG

Philip Corwin - BC

Michele Neylon - RrSG

ICANN staff:

Amy Bivins

Mary Wong

Christine Willett

Steve Chan

Lars Hoffmann

Terri Agnew

Mailing list archives:

 <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-newgtld-dg/> http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-newgtld-dg/

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/OrXhAg> https://community.icann.org/x/OrXhAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 11 August 2014:

  Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the GNSO New gTLDs Subsequent Rounds Discussion Group  on the 11th August 2014

  Thomas Rickert:Hello everyone!

  Dan Rodgers:Hello :)

  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:Hi all

  Bret Fausett, Interim Chair (Uniregistry, RySG, Council):We'll get started in just a minute.

  Terri Agnew:Ron Andruff has joined

  Terri Agnew:Lucie Loos has joined audio

  Terri Agnew:Stephanie Van Gelder and Tom Lowenhaupt has joined

  Mary Wong:To create or update an SOI: https://community.icann.org/x/cYLg

  Mary Wong:ICANN Expeected Standards or Behavior (you'll see this every time you log onto a call/meeting): http://www.icann.org/transparency/acct-trans-frameworks-principles-10jan08.pdf

  stephane van gelder:That's Stéphane, without an "i", thanks very much!

  Terri Agnew:Thank you, sorry about the error

  Terri Agnew:Michael Berkens has joined

  Ching Chiao (DotAsia):Steve -- are you saying that this WG will still follow the GNSO WG guidline, given it is a Discussion Group ?

  Terri Agnew:Sam Lanfranco has joined

  Terri Agnew:as a reminder, when joining Adobe Connect please sign in with your first and last name for roll call purpose

  Mary Wong:@Ching, not every word or section necessarily, but as a guide in terms of norms, esp in terms of participation and responsibilities of being a member.

  Mary Wong:For instance, this group doesn't have a formal Charter, but it might want to reach out at an early stage to other SO/ACs (which is recommended by the Guidelines) and creating a Work Plan.

  Terri Agnew:Tobias Sattler has joined

  Tobias Sattler:Hi there, sorry for being late on this call.

  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:Working wihtin a WIKI is good start

  Ching Chiao (DotAsia):agree on the WIKI / Google Drive suggeestion, meanwhile would caution on the accessibility issue (i.e. Google Drive may be blocked by certain countries from time to time)

  Steve Chan:All, there is a Wiki space already created. I will review the user permissions to make sure members are allowed to contribute content

  Steve Chan:Wiki here: https://community.icann.org/display/DGNGSR/Discussion+Group+%28DG%29+-+New+gTLD+Subsequent+Rounds+Home

  Terri Agnew:Michael Palage has joined

  Tom Lowenhaupt:I'll text it in

  Avri Doria:I do not see any way in which a AGB based next round can occur without prior  GNSO recommendatons and Board approval.

  Tom Lowenhaupt:I wanted to emphasize Avri's point about the titleof the group... "subsequent application proceedures" not rounds.

  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:yes

  Tobias Sattler:Yes

  Susan Payne:yes

  Sam Lanfranco:yes

  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:this time looks good

  Rubens Kuhl:Australia-based people complained about the time, so we could try accomodate them better...

  Jon Nevett:gotta be the weekend then

  Rubens Kuhl:My newborn will object to the weekend idea, Jon... ;-)

  Tobias Sattler:Regarding a LA meeting, please don't schedule it at 7 am in morning if possible.

  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:+1 Tobias

  Alan Greenberg:I think that whatever words we use may set mind-sets in this DG, but exactly how any further deployment unrolls is not under the control of the titles we use.

  Tobias Sattler:Thank you

  Ching Chiao (DotAsia):thanks Bret!

  Susan Payne:thanks, bye

  Sam Lanfranco:bye!

  Rubens Kuhl:Thanks @All, bye!

  Tobias Sattler:bye

  Dan Rodgers:Thanks, bye

  Markus Germann:bye

  Lucie Loos:thanks bye

  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:Thanks Breet and all - speak in a month