[Gnso-newgtld-dg] - Reminder: Submit Issues & Nominations for Group Chair(s)

Bart Lieben bart at bartlieben.com
Mon Sep 8 15:02:02 UTC 2014

All,

Apparently, there are some connection issues, so I am unable to participate to the call ...

Below some initial topics I would like to put forward:

1) Accreditation program for back-end operators: have one evaluation done for back-end operators who are supporting applicants who are proposing standardised registry services (so applicants do not need to provide answers to the technical questions - only a copy of the agreement they have with the back-end registry operator; if non-standard registry services are provided, specific input can be provided on these points, all of this to streamline the evaluation process;

2) Streamlining evaluation process for escrow service providers: similar remark to the above;

3) Financial institutions: many applicants struggled with ICANN's COI requirements - it would be helpful if ICANN could provide specific guidance to financial institutions and - to some extent - also pre-approve the COI documents provided by these financial institutions;

4) See how different types of applicants can follow different evaluation paths, which are more tailored to the type of TLD they are applying for (brands, single registrant / single registry, ...);

5) Provide for an official communications platform where applicants can interact with third party stakeholder groups (more in particular the GAC) where issues are raised by these groups can be discussed;

6) Review the objection grounds, and the conditions for qualification: considering the fact that the vast majority of objections were dismissed by the Panels, it is obvious that there is an expectation gap here (I am not focusing on the rulings as such - I am just saying that it would be better if this expectation gap can be closed, especially considering the amount of fees that are to be paid by (unsuccessful) objectors);

7) Review the role, functions and powers of the Independent Objector (similar remark as above);

Best regards,

Bart

Bart Lieben

Advocaat – Avocat – Attorney-at-law

Grétrystraat 54, 2018 Antwerpen (Belgium)

Tel: +32 478 191990

E-mail: bart at bartlieben.com

for Bart Lieben BVBA, with registered office at Grétrystraat 54, 2018 Antwerpen (Belgium)

CONFIDENTIALITY. The contents of this email, including any attachments, are confidential, except where expressly stated otherwise. Furthermore, it may also be privileged. If received in error, please do not disclose the contents and/or any attachments to anyone, but notify the sender by return email and delete this email (and any attachments) from your system.