[Gnso-newgtld-dg] - Issue Collection Template

Steve Chan steve.chan at icann.org
Thu Sep 11 23:27:50 UTC 2014

Dear WG Members,

For those that were able to attend the call on 8 Sept or listen to the MP3,
you will have heard me mention a template that is intended to assist in
collecting issues. Attached, please find that template. I would ask that
this template be completed for each individual issue, even for those that
have already been shared with the email list or on the Wiki. It is my view
that this template will be beneficial in understanding the scope of the
issue and the path for resolution, be it a Policy Development Process,
guidance to the GDD team, or other. Note, this path for resolution is
distinct and separate from creating a solution to the issue, which I would
consider beyond the scope of what is to be accomplished by this Discussion
Group. A couple of other important elements that the template is attempting
to capture is the interdependency with other issues and the priority of the
issues.

Upon completing the templates, please reply and share to the list. I will
then post them on the Wiki here
(https://community.icann.org/display/DGNGSR/Issue+Templates) in an effort to
consolidate the contributions in one central location. I will likely create
subpages for each individual issue so that if there are multiple
contributions for the same issue, they will be grouped and eventually
combined into a single document for the issue, with group agreement that the
issue is captured properly.

Please try to submit your contributions by 22 September 2014.

Best,

Steven Chan
Sr. Policy Manager

ICANN