[Gnso-newgtld-dg] - Proposed Agenda

Jacob Malthouse jacob at bigroom.ca
Tue Apr 28 16:40:24 UTC 2015

Further to yesterday's discussion, here are some stats from:
http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/program-status/statistics

In terms of discussing whether to include a note the about low diversity of
types of applications, this chart shows that it would be significantly *more
unfair* to remove the point than to include it. *(Note I excluded 17
community applications that were brands e.g. .bugatti, with apologies to
Bugatti owners.)*

Whether the low diversity is appropriate or not is something we should
discuss remaining neutral on, but the fact remains there were four options
in the AGB: Community, Geographic, IDN and Standard and almost 90% were of
one type.

In other words, this was unequivocally not a diverse application round in
terms of types of applications.

[image: Inline images 1]

Jacob Malthouse
Co-founder & Director, Big Room Inc.