[Gnso-newgtld-dg] - Proposed Agenda

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Apr 29 18:54:58 UTC 2015

Hi,

The GNSO council did not really do typing because at that time it was a
bit more difficult to predict the types and especially to predict the
specific needs of each type.  Or so I thought.

All types that we now have were added by the Staff and Board.  The
council talked about a special status and protection for communities but
did not  define it a type.  The AGB did.  It defined communities as
probables gamers of the system and created a set of fees, penalties and
hurdles for them.

The Council said there would be no geographical types, the Board decided
otherwise.

The Council said all RPM would be voluntary, the Staff and Board decided
otherwise

Certainly, given the amount of data we have now, not only about types,
but what is special about their application needs, focusing a good deal
of effort on types and the various application requirements for those
types would be a necessary thing before any other round were to be
comtemplated.

avri