[Gnso-newgtld-dg] Additional item to charter: application by previous applicant

Steve Chan steve.chan at icann.org
Tue Jun 2 21:44:15 UTC 2015

Donna,

Thanks for the catch ­ always good to add clarity. My understanding is that
the ³Variable fees² section relates to the application fee whereas
underneath ³Different TLD Types,² variable annual RA agreement fees could be
considered. As such, I¹ve made the following simple edits in a new working
draft that I will once again circulate as additional suggestions arrive.

> * Different TLD Types: Does the one-size-fits-all application and review
> process hamper innovation? Should things such as the application process,
> requirements, annual fees, contractual requirements, etc. be variable based on
> the TLD type? Should an existing Registry Operator, that is fulfilling the
> requirements of its Registry Agreement, be subject to a different, more
> streamlined, application process?
> * Variable fees: Should the application fee be variable based on such factors
> as application type (such as open or closed registries), multiple identical
> applications, etc.?

Hopefully this addresses your concerns although if not, please feel free to
suggest specific edits.

Best,
Steve