[Gnso-newgtld-dg] Additional item to charter: application by previous applicant

Lars Hoffmann lars.hoffmann at icann.org
Wed Jun 3 07:43:18 UTC 2015

Dear Donna,

Thank you for your note. There is currently a Cross Community Working Group
on the Use of Country and Territory Names as Top-Level Domains (see here
<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=48346463> )
working on at least part of this issue. You might recall that Heather
provided an update to the GNSO Council as the Group¹s co-Chair during the
last Council call (transcript here
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/meetings/transcript-council-21may15-en.pdf> ). To
assure you, and others, the Group is very much aware of the GAC¹s work and
is trying to coordinate their respective  efforts to avoid a situation where
the GAC¹s potential future advise on geographic names conflicts with
anything the CWG is producing. Please note that the CWG is meeting bi-weekly
and the number of GNSO members is not as prominent as it could be  - as also
pointed out by Heather.

In addition, Heather will send out a call to the GNSO Council to provide
informal feedback on the CWG¹s work, including the potential overlap with
the GAC¹s work later today; any feedback you ­ and others ­ can provide will
be most welcome in the CWG¹s discussions.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Lars