[Gnso-newgtld-dg] - Draft Final Deliverables

BRG philip at brandregistrygroup.org
Thu May 28 08:19:53 UTC 2015

I support this addition
Philip

  _____

From: gnso-newgtld-dg-bounces at icann.org
[mailto:gnso-newgtld-dg-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Donna Austin
Sent: 27 May 2015 22:58
To: Steve Chan; gnso-newgtld-dg at icann.org
Subject: Re: [Gnso-newgtld-dg] - Draft Final Deliverables

Steve, all

My apologies for missing the call on Tuesday, but I have listened to the
call and reviewed the documents in your email.

I support the documents as drafted; however, I'm not sure that an issue I
raised on the list, and subsequently on the recent GNSO Council call, about
whether any consideration will be given to the disparity that may result
between registry operators from this round and future rounds as a result of
substantive changes being made to the program? I have drafted possible
language for consideration by the DG for inclusion in the Charter. I do
believe this is an important issue flagged to have identified in the
Charter.

"The WG, during its deliberations, should keep in mind that making
substantive changes to the New gTLD Program may result in significant
differences between registries from the 2012 round and future rounds. Where
significant differences are identified, the WG should discuss the benefits
to be realised from recommended changes against any possible negative
impacts, such as creating an uneven playing field."

Thanks,

Donna

Policy and Industry Affairs Manager

ARI REGISTRY SERVICES
Melbourne | Los Angeles
P  +1 310 890 9655
P  +61 3 9866 3710
E   <mailto:donna.austin at ariservices.com> donna.austin at ariservices.com
W   <http://www.ariservices.com/> www.ariservices.com

Follow us on  <https://twitter.com/ARIservices> Twitter

The information contained in this communication is intended for the named
recipients only. It is subject to copyright and may contain legally
privileged and confidential information and if you are not an intended
recipient you must not use, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance
on it. If you have received this communication in error, please delete all
copies from your system and notify us immediately.