[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt1] recording, Attendance & AC Chat for New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 1 - Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Oct 18 16:33:34 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and recording of the call attached to this email and the AC Chat below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 1 - Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue held on Tuesday, 18 October 2016 at 15:00 UTC.
<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-16may16-en.mp3>

The recordings of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/7AObAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 18 October 2016

    Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 1 - Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue call on Tuesday, 18 October 2016 at 15:00 UTC.

  Terri Agnew:agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_ShW4Aw&d=DQIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=K4cZcaMghTFZ1-cRdMwOaIWDtIeqG1QGzlqvgN-nKpA&s=m6QGzG6B6MK1OAnvLeH_91qL-hxcY4ISGroA1d1Je0U&e=

  Jeff Neuman:Hello all....i am in a noisy place so will mostly participate via chat:)

  Terri Agnew:thanks for this information Jeff

  Carlton Samuels:Hi everybody

  Christa Taylor:go ahead one min

  Steve Chan:@Christa, if you can dial-in, it's more reliable than the AC room

  Vanda 2:i am listen only - noise room

  Donna Austin, RySG:I'm sorry I didn't get the input to the list earlier than I did.

  Emily Barabas:wip

  Emily Barabas:sorry for the delay

  Emily Barabas:everyone can now scroll themselves as needed

  Donna Austin, RySG:I think so Sara

  Vanda 2:from this region a list of acrredited service providers was the general answer I got in all intervews i have done in LAC region

  Jeff Neuman:thanks to Donna for providing her power point slides....i think it is a good basis for a proposal going forward.

  Donna Austin, RySG:What's the community input model?

  Steve Chan:@Donna, that's what the GDD is seeking input on - how to define it

  Donna Austin, RySG:thanks Steve

  Carlton Samuels:Quick question. For problem resolution, is this WS looking at making a recommendation for a Certification Scheme or an Accreditation Scheme?

  Jeff Neuman:Carlton - to level set, what is your defnition of each

  Jeff Neuman:definition

  Carlton Samuels:Certification = testing against a set of outcomes from a defined criteria

  Carlton Samuels:Accreditation = Ceding authority to an outside group to validate competence against a defined set of requirements

  Carlton Samuels:@Avri: +1

  Justine Chew:s not a good guidance parameter on issue of demand because in this case demand isI agree with Avri

  Vanda 2:we have jsut finished an study from LAC region and the feedback can be useful. I have interviewd many potential new gTLds in several countries in LAC region and will add some coments on the lsit

  Carlton Samuels:Unfortunately can't talk. In a room with pothers

  Vanda 2:i can't talk either

  Vanda 2:could be a good idea

  Carlton Samuels:@Avri: Again, +1 for reading the AS WG report.

  Carlton Samuels:A survey of new gTLD prospects being prepared for the CCT RT that might be useful as input to this aspect of the discussion

  avri doria:Carlton weren't you the co-chair with Rafik of the JAS-

  Carlton Samuels:@Avri: Yes ma'am!

  avri doria:so sometime when you can speak, would be helpful for you to add a bunch.

  Carlton Samuels:@Christa: Will be happy to do that.

  Justine Chew 2:Sorry, my earlier comment got garbled. I meant to say I agree with Avri  on the issue of demand because in this case demand is not a good guidance parameter.

  avri doria:a bit more on the Applicant Support program, the GAC had several recomendation on applicant support at the time, with specific recommendations that we need to include in the next pass at this discussion.

  Carlton Samuels:@Application Process: The timeline for changes in application content was an issue. Several applicants say that the process of making admissible changes, especially the time line, needed clarity

  Carlton Samuels:@AVri: +1. Those were also acknowledged in the JAS Report

  Vanda 2:@ avri - on organization that had tried to apply first round called ICANN several times for support during the application period and never got feedback..

  Jeff Neuman:A couple of questions:  Is this the right format for applications for new TLDs?  Should there be additional topics to be included in the AG?  Was there too much information in the AG (background)?  Was there not enough information on certain topics?

  Carlton Samuels:@Registry Service Reviews: This is where the idea of a set of accredited RSPs would be useful; that process would be a black box to the applciation process with just a on-ramp to the Application process. Declare you will use an accredited RSP and thats it.

  Vanda 2:@ Carlton agree this shall be simplified

  Steve Chan:@Carlton, unless the WG were to mandate the usage of a cerfified RSP, you would still need to have those technical reviews available in the event the applicant wants to supply their own registry services

  Carlton Samuels:@Donna: +1 One authoritative document is desirable! Sub-processes should be described elsewhere in companion productions

  Mary Wong:Whatever vehicle is used ultimately, it will need to be accessible and available to all interested potentail applicants.

  Jeff Neuman:What was discussed was potentially have an AG for RSPs, one for Escrow Providers, a separate document that discusses the RPMs, etc.

  Jeff Neuman:This is an area we need to coordinate with the other work tracks

  Jeff Neuman:I think this topic was more for overall format......the rest will have to wait until the very end

  Jim Prendergast:its not specific to these particular sections but the translations into other languages need to be available much sooner.

  Vanda 2:TIME was the main issue related to first round in this region, information came too late on the timeline

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):true  Vanda

  Michael Flemming (GMO):exciting

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):happy to end  now  at 0250 local time for me ;-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Thx  all bye for now then

  Jeff Neuman:thanks!

  Carlton Samuels:Jeez CLO, what a trooper!

  Justine Chew 2:Nope, thanks.

  Carlton Samuels:Thanks all