[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt1] RSP Program

Ashley Roberts ashley.roberts at valideus.com
Mon Apr 10 15:40:25 UTC 2017

Hi all,

In anticipation of our discussion of the RSP Program on tomorrow's WT1 call I'd like to re-circulate the proposal<https://community.icann.org/display/NGSPP/4.2.8+Accreditation+Programs?preview=/58735913/63146809/NSR%20Provision%20Of%20Back-end%20Registry%20Services%5B1%5D.pdf> Donna put together a while back, as I think it contains the basics of some good, relatively straightforward solutions for the problems we are trying to resolve around RSP certification (or whatever you prefer to call it) and will thus, hopefully act as a good starting point for some debate.

In a nutshell, the proposal puts forward three options for RSPs (Donna, please correct me if I have misinterpreted any of your ideas):

-          RSPs providing back-end services to current 2012-round TLDs (and have thus already passed evaluation and PDT) would be considered "proven providers" and therefore would not need to go through further evaluation (including submission of technical answers) or PDT in a subsequent round (AR caveat: evaluation and/or PDT may be required if there are substantive changes to the technical requirements in the AGB);

-          Any non-2012 round RSPs could - prior to a subsequent application round commencing - apply to ICANN to go through evaluation and PDT and become pre-certified, meaning that they also would not need to go through further evaluation or PDT per application;

-          The status quo: for any RSPs which do not fall into the above two categories, they can elect to submit answers to the technical questions in the application and go through evaluation and PDT as part of the normal (2012) process.

It'd be good to hear any thoughts you have on these suggestions.

Thanks,
Ashley

Ashley Roberts
Senior Manager | Valideus Ltd
28-30 Little Russell Street
London, WC1A 2HN, United Kingdom

E: ashley.roberts at valideus.com<mailto:ashley.roberts at valideus.com>
T: +44 20 7421 8299
D: +44 20 7421 8264
F: +44 87 0011 8187

www.valideus.com<http://www.valideus.com/>

Liability cannot be accepted for statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not made on behalf of Valideus.
This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to us, and immediately and permanently delete it. Do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.
Valideus Ltd is registered in England and Wales with company number 06181291 and VAT number 987 7551 49.  Our registered office is at 28-30 Little Russell Street, London, WC1A 2HN.