[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt1] Notes and Action Items - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WT1 - 5 December 2017

Emily Barabas emily.barabas at icann.org
Tue Dec 5 16:12:51 UTC 2017

Dear Work Track members,

Please see below the notes from the meeting today.  These high-level notes are designed to help WG members navigate through the content of the call and are not a substitute for the recording or transcript. See the chat transcript and recording at: https://community.icann.org/x/VAtyB.

Slides are attached for reference.

Kind regards,
Emily

Notes/Action Items:

1. Welcome & Agenda Overview

2. SOIs

- No updates

3. Review of Timeline

- Dec 2017: Work on completing deliberations and begin review of WT recommendations

- Jan-Feb 2018: Complete review of recommendations

- March 2018: Take WT recommendations to the Full WG

4. Review of potential recommendations for Application Guide Book

- Overview and review of questions and concerns, rationale for policy development

- Proposed recommendations to date have focused on implementation guidance

-- Remove background and rationale, move to Appendices.

-- Suggestions: AGB should be less historical, less of a policy approach, create a practical guide with improved table of contents and index, step-by-step guide possibly by type of application

- Feedback on subdividing the AGV by audience-driven sections

- No harm in audience-driven sections

- There should be an online and searchable version. There should be a complete document available. If directing people to specific audience driven sections, could get ICANN into hot water.