[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt2] WT2 Additional Topics: Terms and Conditions for Applying for a TLD

Michael Flemming flemming at brightsconsulting.com
Tue Sep 27 02:03:40 UTC 2016

Dear All,

I am reaching out in advance of next week's meeting in order to get the
discussion
started on what we were unable to finish in the last meeting.

*Topic:* Terms and Conditions for Applying for a TLD

Previously, Paul McGrady kindly noted that WT2 should cover the Terms and
Conditions for Applying for a TLD. I note there has been support for this
from Jeff
Neuman as well as others. In order to consider fully what is in our scope,
I wanted
to begin utilizing our communication tools and engage discussion on this
topic.
So we could have a better understanding of how we may need to address
this from a policy standpoint, I believe the following questions would be
suitable to
ask.

*Questions: *I believe there are better questions we could ask, but here
are a few to get us started.

Is this in the scope of the PDP WG?

Does this belong in WT2?

Is this a policy aspect or an implementation of ICANN?

In the event of tackling this subject, what recommendations could be made
from a policy standpoint?

Are the Terms and Conditions for described in the Applicant Guidebook
enforceable?

*Materials: *For everyone's reference, I attach the AGB Module 6 Top-Level
Domain
Application - Terms and Conditions. If there are other materials or there
have
been changes/previous versions to the Terms and Conditions, please correct
me so that we can get them out there for everyone's review.

Regards,

Michael Flemming