[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt2] Recordings, Attendance & AC Chat from New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team ­Track 2 Legal/Regulatory Issues on Thursday, 10 August 2017

Julie Bisland julie.bisland at icann.org
Fri Aug 11 02:24:28 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and recording of the call attached to this email. The AC recording and AC Chat are listed below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 2 – Legal/Regulatory Issues held on Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 21:00 UTC.

Adobe Connect recording (audio and visual):    https://participate.icann.org/p3uyaqnimna/<https://participate.icann.org/p3uyaqnimna/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=92ef84797cbc0a40edc01adc638682d4b8e9db4caddb88df1939c4dc577b4caa>

The recordings of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:  http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Agenda Wiki page:  https://community.icann.org/x/ygAhB

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julie

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 10 August 2017

  Julie Bisland:Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 2 – Legal/Regulatory Issues on Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 21:00 UTC

  Julie Bisland:Agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_ygAhB&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=SdrGjgiNXNQoGREma2X6GIqzrde0U94ch5ZrYXExSVs&s=JeYYuC8Cvduspg23BslVC1J8SLP43kkdH_RMeX4bf68&e=

  Michael Flemming:Hi Julie

  Michael Flemming:Thanks for the ial out

  Michael Flemming:I am awake now

  Julie Bisland:wonderful, good morning :)

  Michael Flemming:good morning, indeed

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):hi all... morning Michael

  Michael Flemming:morning Cheryl

  Paul McGrady:Hey fellow nerds!

  Michael Flemming:Evening Paul!

  Phil Buckingham:Evening fellow nerds

  Paul McGrady:Ugh!

  Phil Buckingham:sorry Paul .

  Emily Barabas:this document will require you to zoom

  Emily Barabas:as you can see

  Emily Barabas:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x74w58a9UaTTVulCMmrI45iTiHao6Hf1s8eVeeh5-N0/edit#gid=0

  Phil Buckingham:2.2.3. regarding these SUDN  which brands which would be affected ? do we have some  examples

  Julie Bisland:Do we know who's number ends in -9458?

  Steve Chan:In some of the research that staff did, It could be the case that ICANN would be in the position of utilizing its own challenge mechanisms

  Julie Bisland:Reminder: please mute --some background noise and interference.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I am on the keep the reservation list

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):case by case

  Phil Buckingham:@ Steve , are there other regional organisations that are currently NOT  on the list ?

  Steve Chan:It had been suggested that the PTI names could also be included?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):agree with special use name reservations

  Steve Chan:For the PTI names, that could include: PTI, publictechnicalidentifiers and publictechnicalidentifier

  Steve Chan:Correct

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):yep

  Paul McGrady:Thanks!  Would like to understand the process.

  Phil Buckingham: Action item : Could staff  get the list of SUDNs  on RFC 6761

  Paul McGrady:Thanks Cheryl!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):peer review

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Avri will have best answers

  Paul McGrady:Thanks Avri.

  Paul McGrady:I guess the takeaway is that there is more than one mechanism to get a new gTLD delegated.

  Steve Chan:Google doc for the document being presented is here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_spreadsheets_d_1WgsYlUpKI-5FQGuIOlOxtu4uBBj8ZWgD0bTw8GCamL3NQ_edit-23gid-3D2486987&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=SdrGjgiNXNQoGREma2X6GIqzrde0U94ch5ZrYXExSVs&s=T7a1PGuN5TAPMuw6-_5t7p362UpWBajKmZe2dP1pmEE&e=

  Phil Buckingham:Thanks Avri . Could we therefore recommend that all SUDNs be @ the second level ?

  avri doria:yes, but withint the IETF it must be a for a non global DNS purpose. i.e there must be a technical  or local reason.  i can prepare a more detaild explanation of the process for a later meeting if people want as I do particpate in the IETF process.

  avri doria:Phil I have already personally mde that recommendation, but it just a personal suggestion, as the IETF has a role in the namespace ICANN can't make rules, and the current MOU does not stipulate that. and if there were a technical reason why a TLD was needed then they could still reserve one.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):👍

  Greg Shatan:Agree with Paul on the issue and the overlap.

  Julie Bisland:The next New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 2 – Legal/Regulatory Issues will take place on Thursday, 24 August 2017 at 21:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

  Steve Chan:@Michael, we have a pair of liaisons between theis WG and RPMs. I believe they are Susan Payne and Robin Gross, if memory serves.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):bye 👋 for now then

  avri doria:bye

  Phil Buckingham:Yes  we are going to rotate calls  in Sept weekly  between 15.00 and 21.00 UTC  every Thursday

  Julie Bisland:Thanks Phil!!