[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt2] Potential Topics for ICANN61 and Progress Document Update for WT2

Jim Prendergast jim at GALWAYSG.COM
Sat Mar 3 21:01:59 UTC 2018

If feedback had been provide in the google document itself, will that be preserved and incorporated?

From: Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt2 <gnso-newgtld-wg-wt2-bounces at icann.org> On Behalf Of Michael Flemming
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2018 9:14 AM
To: gnso-newgtld-wg-wt2 at icann.org
Subject: [Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt2] Potential Topics for ICANN61 and Progress Document Update for WT2

Dear All,

Thank you for attending the call on 1 March at 15 UTC. While we continue to build on our paths forward with the contributions from the last call, we wanted to take a moment to engage with everyone on two items.

First of all, we need to pick a primary and secondary topic for ICANN61. With the time allowed for WT2 in the past, it has been efficient for us to spend the majority of our time on one topic. Therefore, we will keep one topic as our primary to engage with the community and plan for a secondary if we are able. The goal of this meeting will be to present our current proposed paths forward on said topic, rather than retracing the history of deliberations, and work towards further developments. Listed below are the few topics that have been proposed already. These topics are ones where we have reached substantial propositions but require more discussion to move forward. If anyone has any ideas, please share those topics in reply to this message.

Topics:

  *   Closed Generics
  *   Virtual Integration
As for the second item that we would like to share with the group, the document that we have been using for the Progress Document is being shifted into a different document that will allow for efficiency in organizing a first draft for the Initial Report. That is why we ask that if anyone has any suggestions or commentary on the existing material, then please share that on the mailing list in case we happen to miss it. We think the said document will be shared in due time, but please allow us some time to prepare it.

We hope that everyone has a good weekend and look forward to seeing those of you who can make it to San Juan.

Safe travels,

Michael Flemming & Sophia Feng
WT2 Co-Chairs