[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt3] recording, Attendance & AC Chat for New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 3 – String Contention, Objections & Disputes held on Tuesday, 11 October 2016 at 20:00 UTC.

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Oct 11 22:27:09 UTC 2016

**Apologies for the technical issues on today’s call, we are investigating the cause.

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and recording of the call attached to this email and the AC Chat below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 3 – String Contention, Objections & Disputes held on Tuesday, 11 October 2016 at 20:00 UTC.

 **Due to the technical difficulties on today’s call, please find the Adobe Connect recording URL:: https://participate.icann.org/p7bq4x972g7/<https://participate.icann.org/p7bq4x972g7/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=fb21aab66502774a63d8d75e5bb3b8f1dbe98b14752eaadd2918d3ec00d40be5>

The recordings of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Wiki page:  https://community.icann.org/x/GwSbAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 11 October 2016

    Terri Agnew:Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 3 – String Contention, Objections & Disputes call on Tuesday, 11 October 2016 at 20:00 UTC.

  Terri Agnew:agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_3w-5F4Aw&d=DQIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=0ZM6WrRvcYCB7X14vFgPfBrBf1zSZKk_uYZKrLTn5ek&s=8BoX1_BkZAz-yx-xNhrvCfd8Pv3j3yoGsA0N0pDyZRg&e=

  Karen Day:I'm trying to get it to call me...

  Jeff Neuman:Agenda looks good

  Emily Barabas 2:yes

  Mary Wong:Thursday 13 October, 1200 UTC (Council call)

  Jeff Neuman:Thanks Steve.

  Steve Chan:I will double-check before sending.

  Emily Barabas 2:Everyone can zoom and scroll as needed to view the document

  Jeff Neuman:I was involved in the response to the objections against Hot health

  Jeff Neuman:Dot health

  Terri Agnew:@Jeff your audio cut out

  Terri Agnew:@Jeff, we are no longer hearing you, please let me know if assistance is needed for a dial out

  Terri Agnew:@Jeff, audio is back

  Kevin M Kreuser (Go Daddy):I never lost him

  Kevin M Kreuser (Go Daddy)::)

  Karen Day:lost you again :)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):gone again

  Jeff Neuman:I will call in]

  Roger Carney:I can still hear Jeff

  Julie Hedlund:I am getting an error -- says reconnecting to the audio bridge.  I think the audio bridge is cutting in and out.

  Isabel Rutherfurd:Same here

  Terri Agnew:I am contacting tech support for assitance

  Julie Hedlund:Okay, now it says audio bridge connected (again).

  Karen Day:Sorry guy, I just got dropped.  Will dial back asap

  Phil Buckingham:karen , i can get you feedback from IG Group re .broker  for next call .

  Mary Wong:I think I just heard an odd conversation between two people unconnected with this call!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Just dropped the dial out to me :-(

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Ohhh dear

  Greg Shatan:Just got kicked off the phone.

  Emily Barabas 2:same

  Julie Hedlund:Got kicked off the phone bridge.

  Phil Buckingham:shall we all recoonect into adobe

  Terri Agnew:trying to reconnect

  Greg Shatan:Everyone will hear music until the host joins the meeting....

  Greg Shatan:I only got 3 chords.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):sane  back on bridge

  Greg Shatan:and one was an upstrum.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):ear yoou Karen

  Terri Agnew:telephone connection dropped again, rejoining

  Greg Shatan:Gone again

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):bumped off again  trying  gain

  Jeff Neuman:I guess no one wants to hear my story :(

  Julie Hedlund:Joining the call again.

  Greg Shatan:Dropped right after 'crazy accusation"  A cliff-hanger!!

  avri doria:these new servers seem to be problematic.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):back  I think

  Terri Agnew:reconnected audio, please join again

  Karen Day:I'm in an endless loop of "please press 1"

  Jeff Neuman:Perhaps I will just write it out :)

  Julie Hedlund:Gee Jeff, was it something you said ;-)

  Jeff Neuman:probably

  Steve Chan:@Karen, when that's happened to me, I cancel the request and try again. It's resolved for me in the past.

  Greg Shatan:This is running on a massively parallel network of Samsung Note 7s and Blackberries, powered by a Yugo.

  Terri Agnew:Please rejoin, we are connected back

  Isabel Rutherfurd:Karen is coming in and out for me

  Crescent Ezekwu:Same here

  Mary Wong:Seems to be a problem with AC audio only.

  Terri Agnew:@Isabel, can you join on the telephone? Please let me know if directions are needed how the AC can dial out to you

  Mary Wong:I'm getting crossed lines again with a different conversation - sounds like an online training module.

  Isabel Rutherfurd:Thanks, I am dialed in now and hear fine

  avri doria:but at least i could hear that clearly.  everything else was breaking up here in s=South Africa.

  Terri Agnew:Apologies everyone for the technical difficulties today. We are looking into the cause

  Terri Agnew:@Mary, I have reported this as well

  Kevin M Kreuser (Go Daddy):I'm not getting consistent sound.  Dropping off.

  Emily Barabas:yes

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):fair way forward Jeff

  Steve Chan:Here are the grounds for LPI in section 3.5.3 of the AGB:

  Steve Chan:•   Incitement to or promotion of violent lawless action;

  Steve Chan:•   Incitement to or promotion of discrimination based upon race, color, gender, ethnicity, religion or national origin, or other similar types of discrimination that violate generally accepted legal norms recognized under principles of international law;

  Julie Hedlund:Greg Shatan has his hand up.

  Steve Chan:•   Incitement to or promotion of child pornography or other sexual abuse of children; or

  Steve Chan:•   A determination that an applied-for gTLD string would be contrary to specific principles of international law as reflected in relevant international instruments of law.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):human nature it seem Greg

  Jeff Neuman:got disconnected again

  Terri Agnew:dropped, connecting again

  Greg Shatan:I am pressing 1 dammit!

  Julie Hedlund:Yep, dropped again -- back.

  Terri Agnew:rejoined

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):dropped agin retrying

  Greg Shatan:Back

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):back  **SIGH**

  Steve Chan:The call seems to drop every time Jeff speaks :)

  Karen Day:+1 Steve :)

  Jeff Neuman:I thikn the problem was the vague reference to "International Law" that was the problem

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):worth discussing KKaren

  Jeff Neuman:A determination that an applied-for gTLD string would be contrary to specific principles of international law as reflected in relevant international instruments of law.

  Steve Chan:AGB Module 3: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__newgtlds.icann.org_en_applicants_agb_objection-2Dprocedures-2D04jun12-2Den.pdf&d=DQIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=0ZM6WrRvcYCB7X14vFgPfBrBf1zSZKk_uYZKrLTn5ek&s=xMMXRpYFg1DHVoTV71adniNqsiVo8IK-CAd8tzt9lh8&e=

  Jeff Neuman:In the objection to dot health, they did reference a vague notion of a violation of International law....but obviously it was too far fetched and they lost

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Perhaps  a better checklist  is essential to o with an objection?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):go

  Mary Wong:I believe that list of treaties was added as a result of the work of the Rec 6 Working Group on this objection proces, and I think it may be a non-exhaustive list.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO)::-)

  Kurt Pritz:Looking down this list, I see only one where the objector prevailed: (ie., kept the string out) .hospital. Is that correct?

  Jeff Neuman:@kurt - yes

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I believe we could still work with a nn exhaustive list though

  Jeff Neuman:If I remember correctly, the objection costs around $250,000

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):None  exahstive list

  Kurt Pritz:I am tempted to say we should consider not having this type of objection, but there are valid, but remote, reasons for having it.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):recognise that an 'other'  choice  from such a list has greater risk/ scruteny

  Mary Wong:There's a difference between the principle/basis for filing an objection and what is actually required to be proven in every case.

  Isabel Rutherfurd:I think it makes sense to put together as there seem to be overlapping issues

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I prefer as a Unique entity  for the IO

  Jeff Neuman:Should address after we do commnity

  Jeff Neuman:right

  Isabel Rutherfurd:I don't mind discussing separately, there just may be some overlap

  Mary Wong:For instance, it's not possible to really state, exhaustively, what the applicable principles of public international law are. However, it MAY be possible to specify that an objector must state the actual principle (treaty, customary law, cases) that they are invoking with some specificity and documentation.

  Jeff Neuman:We should take thenotes from today and apply it towards the IO discussion

  Steve Chan:I believe IO was limited to filing on only two grounds - may make sense to consider community first, as Jeff suggested.

  Terri Agnew:The next call for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 3 – String Contention, Objections & Disputes will take place on Tuesday, 25 October 2016 at 03:00 UTC.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Tough call with the Tech issues  but we hve progressed  THANKS  Karen and all...  Talk agin soon... Bye for now

  Jeff Neuman:Thanks Karen!!!

  Terri Agnew:Thank you everyone for your patience today

  Julie Hedlund:Thanks all for hanging in there!