[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt3] WT3 - Definition of "community" Proposal

Aikman-Scalese, Anne AAikman at lrrc.com
Thu Jun 1 17:27:14 UTC 2017

Thinking about this overnight, it strikes me that there should be a different standard for applications defined as “Community Application” from that applied to “Community Objection” standing.   I don’t think we should discourage new community-based applications.  On the other hand, if a “community” is made up solely for the purpose of objecting to a TLD application by a third party (or even another Community), then that seems to fit more within the purpose of requiring “at least one established institution representing the community” and  “long-standing with historical reference”.

Anne E. Aikman-Scalese

Of Counsel

520.629.4428 office

520.879.4725 fax