[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt3] Recording, AC Chat & Attendance from New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team ­ Track 3 ­ String Contention, Objections & Disputes on Tuesday, 07 March 2017 at 15:00 UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Mar 7 16:46:04 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and audio recording of the call attached to this
email and the Adobe Connect recording (visual and audio) and AC Chat below
for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team - Track 3 - String
Contention, Objections & Disputes held on Tuesday, 07 March 2017 at 15:00
UTC.

Adobe Connect recording:
<https://participate.icann.org/p8430kjzazk/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=7e0ccb1022a76ce8
90b1778dd68a33f6205fe03fa936ef8a9e4a9505817aa362>
https://participate.icann.org/p8430kjzazk/

The recordings of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-newgtld-wg-wt3

Agenda Wiki page:   <https://community.icann.org/x/8ZLRAw>
https://community.icann.org/x/8ZLRAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 07 March 2017

  Terri Agnew:Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team - Track
3 - String Contention, Objections & Disputes on Tuesday, 07 March 2017 at
15:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

  Terri Agnew:wiki agenda page:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_8
ZLRAw
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_
8ZLRAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpC
IgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=oW7k4juEQecjRYi16EqtSmHLkrDhbgVEYdsXqUkcyh
c&s=LzHYkRD-cwWzTUvDJK6cwhhuN8ganYdq2Al4wCDH84o&e>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXh
FzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=oW7k4juEQecjRYi16EqtSmHLkrDhbgVEYdsXqUkcyhc&s=Lz
HYkRD-cwWzTUvDJK6cwhhuN8ganYdq2Al4wCDH84o&e=

  Robin Gross:Here is the link to the other document we'll discuss today:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_documen
t_d_13mNrOUrO2-5FKPa1xUXJ7Glxx-5FPs5Aaczes2jEz8E-2DzeY_edit
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_docume
nt_d_13mNrOUrO2-5FKPa1xUXJ7Glxx-5FPs5Aaczes2jEz8E-2DzeY_edit&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1
u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn
-H4xR2EBk&m=oW7k4juEQecjRYi16EqtSmHLkrDhbgVEYdsXqUkcyhc&s=eQmzJdf8VGr1szbSw5
11aCaVFPtXl_ECTnGsR69hNSE&e>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXh
FzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=oW7k4juEQecjRYi16EqtSmHLkrDhbgVEYdsXqUkcyhc&s=eQ
mzJdf8VGr1szbSw511aCaVFPtXl_ECTnGsR69hNSE&e=

  Kinanya Pijl:Hi all, I'm the guest, the co-author of the Council of Europe
report. I will have to leave the meeting after 55 minutes (16.55 my time,
Italy), I hope we'll manage to discuss the Council of Europe report before
then. On the agenda it is one of the last points.

  Robin Gross:I can reverse the order so we discuss it next.  Will that work
for you?

  Kinanya Pijl:Yes, works for me.

  Robin Gross:great, thanks.

  Jeff Neuman:We are good.  Thanks Avri

  Paul McGrady:Can we have a link to this report for review after this call?

  Robin
Gross:https://rm.coe.int/CoERMPublicCommonSearchServices/DisplayDCTMContent?
documentId=09000016806be175

  Jeff Neuman:Can everyone else please mute

  avri doria:someone needs to mute their typing

  Paul McGrady:@Robin, thanks.

  Julie Hedlund:@Kinyanya -- it would be very helpful to have your notes. I
will send you my email.

  avri doria:can someone mute the extra input?

  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):@Jeff, Avri, Robin:  It would be
helpful to have some context for this presentation.  Is the WG/WT intended
to take this as an additional input ? A "first among equals"? Thanks.

  Jeff Neuman:This was presented to the GAC and we thought it would be a
good idea to have this presented to us as just one input into the process

  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Thanks.  I do have another question.

  avri doria:I see it as significant input and input that has the support of
some of the groups in ICANN.

  avri doria:is this doc being taken up by the GAC?

  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Thank you!

  avri doria:i beleive it is, but I do not know to what extent.

  Jeff Neuman:Q.  I note that a number of the interviewees are persons
representing organizations for TLDs that have not yet launched.  Were there
any discussions with communities that have launched to talk about any issues
they have encountered?

  Greg Shatan:In the Foreword: "I would like to thank the authors, Eve
Salomon and Kinanya Pijl, for preparing this report which is intended to
prompt constructive dialogue and reflection in ICANN. The Council ofEurope
will remain actively involved in ICANN's work." Jan Kleijssen, Director of
Information Society and Action against Crime

  Paul McGrady:@Robin, thank you.

  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):@Greg: Thanks.  I'd seen that, but was
not clear how that statement affected (if at all) the report's status.

  Kinanya Pijl:Hi Jeff, the list of interviewees can be found on page 75 of
the report. We did not talk to any other applicants.

  Kinanya Pijl:I do agree it would be good to talk to those that have
launched.

  Paul McGrady:Thank you Prof Pijl!

  Kinanya Pijl:You're welcome:)

  avri doria:For example there are some communities applications that have
launched and are part of RySG

  Greg Shatan 2:@Kristina, I'm not sure either, but I thought it was worth
putting into the chat....

  avri doria:(personal view) i still beleive that the major bit of gaming is
accusing others of gaming

  avri doria:are there stats ont ehnumner of community applications: those
that went through unchallenged, thos challenged that have gone through, and
the number in reconsideration nd IRP.

  Emily Barabas:the document is unsynced.

  Paul McGrady:@Robin - just need some time to digest this...

  Jeff Neuman:It may help people if Kristina could walk through an example
(even a hypothetical example) just to take it from the abstract to the
practical

  Jeff Neuman:Gre.  Thanks

  Jeff Neuman:great

  Paul McGrady:What about strings that aren't exact?

  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry): @Paul:  It would still be possible to
request consolidation of objections, but they wouldn't be covered by this
proposal.

  Paul McGrady:@Kristina - thanks.

  Jon Nevett:proposal also helps to avoid indirect contention sets

  Paul McGrady:+1 Jon

  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):old

  Paul McGrady:"We no longer want to live by the Sword."

  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):THAT recommendation was unanimous in
the RySG subteam.

  Greg Shatan 2:Can we turn the Sword tool into a Plowshare tool?

  Jeff Neuman:It should be noted that I believe ICANN paid $1M for the tool

  Paul McGrady:I love these rare moments in ICANNland.

  Jon Nevett:Touche!

  Jeff Neuman:And dont forget the call in four hours and 10 minutes

  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):I would LOVE 10 minutes back . . . .

  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):safe travels, everyone!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):thanks everyone,  safe travels for those who are
attending CPH