[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt3] Agenda and Materials for WT3 call on 10 October @ 20:00 UTC on STRING SIMILARITY

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Sat Oct 7 20:44:31 UTC 2017

All,

In preparation for our next call on Tuesday, 10 October 2017 @ 20:00 UTC, please see below for our proposed agenda.  We will continue our discussion from last week on the topic of string similarity.  I hope you are able to join the discussion.  Thank you.

Best,
Robin

Discussion Agenda

1. Welcome & Review of Agenda
2. Updates to SOI
3. Plenary Update
5. Should we add another meeting before ICANN#60?  For week of 17 Oct.?
6. CC2 — String Similarity — Q 3.4.4 - 3.4.6
7. AOB

CC2 Questions on String Similarity  Themes document attached.  Full responses are available for review at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A5uaxBAgmg7QsFuqMdVvt1HxNZ4jKXnm3Hp0gZra7U0/edit#gid=1452007373 <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A5uaxBAgmg7QsFuqMdVvt1HxNZ4jKXnm3Hp0gZra7U0/edit#gid=1452007373>

3.4.4 - Do you believe that there should be some sort of mechanism to allow for a change of applied-for TLD when it is determined to be in contention with one or more other strings?
           If so, do you have suggestions on a workable mechanism?

3.4.5 - Do you feel that the contention resolution mechanisms from the 2012 round (i.e., CPE and last- resort auctions) met the needs of the community in a sufficient manner?  Please explain.

3.4.6 – Do you believe that private auctions (i.e., NOT the auctions of last resort provided by ICANN) resulted in any harm?
            Could they lead to speculative applications seeking to participate in a private auction in future application processes?
            Should they be allowed or otherwise restricted in the future?

3.4  — General Feedback from GAC on string similarity