[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt3] Legal Rights Objection - Strawman for WT3

Karen Day Karen.Day at sas.com
Wed Jan 17 20:06:54 UTC 2018

Dear Paul

On our WT3 call this past week we again reviewed the strawman modifications to the Legal Rights Objection<https://community.icann.org/display/NGSPP/2017-02-07+New+gTLD+Subsequent+Procedures+PDP+Work+Track+3?preview=/63157176/64067212/7.2.5%20Legal%20Rights%20Objection%20-%20Strawman%20Edits.pdf> sections of the AGB which you had presented to the group for our consideration.   Since you were not able to join us on the call, the members wanted to ask if you could please provide to the us, via the email list, a written explanation for the overall reasoning for making changes to the LRO, as well as rationale for each of your red lines.

As you will see from the notes and chat transcript, in almost every instance members wanted to know if there had been specific occurrences in the 2012 round which prompted your request for that particular change.  If so, they would like to know the details of what those incidents were.

The members felt that having a good understanding of the foundation for your recommendations was essential to the group being able to continue to refine our thoughts and positions on the LRO.

If I can be of any assistance or if you have any questions back while preparing your responses, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,
Karen

Karen L. Day, NCCP ACP
Brand Protection & Registry Operations Manager
Tel: + 1 919-531-6016 ▪ Mobile: + 1 919-599-4356 ▪ karen.day at sas.com
SAS Institute Inc.▪ SAS Campus Drive ▪ Cary, NC 27513 USA
www.sas.com

[S285-sas100K-TPTK40K-vert]