[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4] First Meeting of Work Track 4

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Tue Aug 23 02:29:07 UTC 2016

> On Aug 22, 2016, at 9:38 PM, Jeff Neuman <jeff.neuman at comlaude.com> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> As you are aware, the first meeting of Work Track 4 (IDN / Technical) is scheduled for Thursday 25 August at 20:00 UTC.  You should have all received an invitation already. The meeting will last 1 hour and as this is the first meeting,
>
> The Agenda for this first meeting:
>
> 0) Review Agenda
>
> 1) Introductions / Statements of Interest (SOIs) - All participants in the  group must submit SOI.  Most of you have already submitted one as you are members of the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures group.  But anyone who has not done so is requested to take care of this.
>
> 2)  Pick Leadership for the Track 4 Sub Team.  This can be one person or several who share the responsibilities, it is up to the group.  The requirement is for at least one person to take on the task.
>
> Responsibilities include:
>
>  *   Coordinating the efforts of the Sub Team
>   *   Communicating the status of the Sub Team to the rest of the
>     leadership team and the full WG.  This includes participating in a
>     weekly leadership call to keep the work moving and coordinated.
>   * Working with staff and the WG co-chairs as needed to get the work
>     done, which includes developing the content for the full WG meetings
>     and WG reports.
>   * Acting with neutrality toward the Sub Team participants and the
>     issues being dealt with within the group in the effort to help the
>     group come to consensus on preliminary recommendations.  All
>     recommendation will be brought to the full group for discussion and
>     possible approval as PDP WG recommendations.
>
> It would be great to start this discussion on the mailing list before the meeting on Thursday where anyone who wishes to volunteer speaks up.

Track 4 members,

I would like to put my name forward for leadership of WT4. I come from a technical background (network and security engineering for large portals, banks and telcos), but transitioned to a job with a balance of technology and marketing in 2010. My
 first ICANN meeting was Dakar in October 2011, after AGB was approved in Singapore and exactly because of it, since I was going to lead my employer efforts in new gTLD services (both as a registry operator and as a back-end registry service provider). Before my employer could join RySG as a full voting member, I represented it in NTAG, an interest group of new gTLD applicants. In both NTAG and RySG I frequently joined workgroups, drafting teams and negotiating teams that involved more technical and operational questions. In leadership positions I was NTAG vice-chair for one mandate, and I'm now one of the three RySG-appointed GNSO Councillors and a member of the RySG Executive Committee.

My involvement in gTLD applications include different types of TLDs: traditional open TLDs, a GeoTLD and a couple of Brand TLDs; in those applications, my responsibilities included mission, technical and financial questions.

> Also feel free to nominate those who you believe would be good in the role.  Note that that 2 co-chairs of the full WG (Avri and I) have disqualified themselves from this role.  We will remain involved as needed to assist the leaders and to coordinate with the full working group.

> A list of Sub Team participants can be found at < https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=60493251 <https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=60493251>>

From this list I can say that we sure have more people that could also step up for WT4 leadership.

Rubens