[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4] Discussion theme: Technical Evaluation to be performed as aggregated / consolidated as feasible

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Thu Dec 15 21:47:28 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Besides the consensus call I have already posted, we discussed two themes in the last WT4 call. I'll post them in different messages for easier ongoing discussion.

Technical Evaluation to be performed as aggregated / consolidated as feasible

	• Consolidation is not fully tied with back-end certification, could apply to applications from the same applicant, but can be an enabler
	• Possible Language:
“Technical Evaluation may be aggregated and/or consolidated to the maximum extent possible that generate process efficiencies, including both different applications from the same applicant and different applications sharing a common technical infrastructure”

Ideas ? This is a discussion that will likely have some overlap with WT1, but that can be reconciliated by the full WG. The idea is to also explore possibilities that may or may not fall into some kind of registry service provider program (previously known as accreditation or certification).

Rubens