[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4] recording, Attendance & AC Chat for New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 4 – IDNs/Technical & Operations held on Thursday, 29 September 2016 at 20:00 UTC.

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Fri Sep 30 02:11:29 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and recording of the call attached to this email and the AC Chat below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 4 – IDNs/Technical & Operations held on Thursday, 29 September 2016 at 20:00 UTC.

The recordings of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/HQSbAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 29 September 2016

Terri Agnew: Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 4 – IDNs/Technical & Operations held onThursday, 29 September 2016 at 20:00 UTC.

Terri Agnew: wiki agenda page: https://community.icann.org/x/xBWsAw

Jeff Neuman: We have to all stop meeting like this

avri: i used up my daily allotment of patience and politeness in that meeting, so better be quiet in this one.

Julie Hedlund: I am hearing static -- is anyone else?

Rubens Kuhl: Be careful what you wish for...

Julie Hedlund: Now it has stopped.

Emily Barabas: Everyone should be able to scroll through the slides themselves

Emily Barabas: Following Cheryl's request, staff will control the slides. Thanks all!

avri: Jeff

Terri Agnew: @jeff, plese check mute

Rubens Kuhl: We can move on and then circle back to this item.

Emily Barabas: yes

Rubens Kuhl: Yes Jeff.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): Yes

Charles Guarino: Yes

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):    Yeah!

Rubens Kuhl: Yup!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): yup

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): Next slide  Terri

avri: some of us are meeting multiple times each week

Rubens Kuhl: Or we could file a DIDP...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): next slide Terri

Steve Chan: Available here: https://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/advisories

Rubens Kuhl: As an applicant, I can say that some advisories make it clearer and some make it worse. ;-)

Nathaniel Edwards: Where are you getting the data on the dotless queries?

Nathaniel Edwards: Understood, thanks.

Steve Chan: DNS Stability Review

Jeff Neuman: yes thanks

Jeff Neuman: I think that test ccan be enhanced to look at namcollision risk

Jeff Neuman: Questions:  On IDNs:  Should we allow single character IDN in nthose languages where a single character an denote a full word or phrase? (eg., Chinese, Japanese Korean)

Jeff Neuman: Question:  Should IDNs continue to be prioritized over AScII applications as was done in the 2012 round?

Jeff Neuman: Question:  Should applicants be required to DEMONSTRATE their ability to meet the technical requirements prior to an application being accepted (as opposed to afterwards through PDT testing)

Steve Chan: Is the audio choppy for anyone else?

Jeff Neuman: Question: If yes to above, is there even a need to have "predelegation testing"

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): yes

Jeff Neuman: If there is a

Jeff Neuman: oops

Rubens Kuhl: Will do.

Julie Hedlund: @Rubens: I was not able to capture most of what you said -- sorry!

Jeff Neuman: QUestion:  "If there is a pre-approval process for RSPs, what questions would need to be asked of applicants in that pre-approval process vs. what is asked in the application process itself"

Jeff Neuman: Should there be a question asked of RSPs that asks about the number of TlDs that they currently support or will support in the future?  And if so, how should that play into the evaluation (in terms of scale)

Jeff Neuman: Its therauetuc

Terri Agnew: The call for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 4 – IDNs/Technical & Operations will take place on Thursday, 13 October 2016 at 03:00 UTC.