[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4] ICANN Compliance x Name Collisions

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Thu Sep 14 15:42:19 UTC 2017

Sarah,

The information on those 37 reports was already requested and according to staff we will get it by the end of the month.

But I don't see how we could base policy development on the ones that were not reported, since the collision framework by design (due to security and privacy issues) avoided generating any side effects of the collisions for any other parties except the ones that suffered the collision. ICANN, registries and root server operators were all prevented from getting any request where a collision happened.

Rubens