[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] Notes and Action Items - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG Work Track 5 - 20 December 2017

Emily Barabas emily.barabas at icann.org
Wed Dec 20 22:21:14 UTC 2017

Dear Work Track 5 members,

Please see below the notes from the meeting today.  These high-level notes are designed to help WT members navigate through the content of the call and are not a substitute for the recording or transcript. See the chat transcript and recording at: https://community.icann.org/x/Dw9yB

Kind regards,
Emily

Notes/Action Items:

1.  Welcome; Updates on Statement of Interests (SOI)
- No SOI updates

2. Agenda review and length of calls
- No proposed updates to the agenda
- This call is scheduled for 90 minutes
- No objections raised to making future calls 90 minutes in length

3.  2nd reading of the draft Terms of Reference
- One perspective –IDN’s are mentioned briefly in the TOR document, but we need to be aware of the fact that IDNs will be used more broadly in the future, and that they are an important part of the discussion regarding geographic names
- Clarifying question - sentence 1 in the Scope, regarding “Grounds for Objection” - there is no section in the Applicant Guidebook that specifically speaks to grounds for objection with respect to geographic names. To what does this text refer?
- Additional input - We need to focus first on the affirmative: what is a geo name, how are geo names reviewed, etc and then go into potential grounds for objection
- In cleaning up the draft Terms of Reference, we should make clear in that sentence that there is no section in the 2012 AGB "Potential Grounds for Objections."