[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] Quick Clarification on E-mail Lists

Jeff Neuman jeff.neuman at comlaude.com
Thu Nov 30 16:21:52 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Thank you so much for getting discussions kicked off on the WT-5 e-mail list.  Let's keep that going.  Just some quick reminders:

  1.  While we all appreciate getting a "thank you" from time to time and it is incredibly polite, I would ask that e-mails sent solely for the purpose of saying "thank you" for a reminder about a meeting, or for the provision of documents, etc. be sent only to the person or persons sending out the reminder, document, etc.  Please do not send to full list by hitting "reply all".  This will save some clutter on the e-mail lists.

  1.  Please keep in mind that all of the Co-leads are reading all of the e-mails.  Therefore, even if they are not responding to the e-mails in real time, they are reading the e-mails, categorizing them (with ICANN staff help) and will try to address them on the next call (if related to the topic of the next call) and/or reply to them on the e-mail list after digesting the comments and giving them proper consideration.  So, in short, if you do not receive a response right away, please do not think that they are getting ignored.  I can assure you that they are not.

  1.  Finally, in order to assist the co-leads and staff in organizing the comments, it is really helpful to have a subject line that matches the content within the e-mail.  So, if you are replying to only a particular point and that point is not inherent in the subject line of the e-mail, please create a new subject line.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Co-Chair, Subsequent Procedures PDP