[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 5 - Meeting 2nd May at 05:00 UTC

Annebeth Lange annebeth.lange at norid.no
Wed Apr 25 14:57:37 UTC 2018

Dear all,

The next teleconference call for WorkTrack 5 is, as you have already been invited to, on Wednesday 2nd May at 05:00 UTC for 90 minutes.

To make it possible for you to prepare better, here is the agenda:

1. Welcome/Agenda Review/SOI Updates (5 mins)
2. Meeting Schedule (5 mins)
3. Continue discussion on city names (40 mins)
    -capital city names
    - other city names
4. Non-AGB names (25 mins)
5. AOB (5 mins)

The timeslots are just suggestions, but we ask you to keep the discussion within the issues in the agenda and we will try to keep track of the time.

We would encourage you to especially think through the challenges of city names as gTLDs, as city names also frequently can be both generic words and brands. We hope to have a thorough discussion on these issues this meeting and some good ideas and thoughts.

If we have time, we could also go into the rest of the categories needing support/non-approval under AGB 2012 (sub-national places and “Unesco-listed” names. However, to move forward to the categories not included in the AGB, we would welcome suggestions for compromises, ways that these names could be used in a constructive way.

Please also take a look at the spreadsheet, where staff has included the comments you have given on city names from earlier discussion.

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FuPEq0y-cdSUQ1nvhWKhVnG8PLaC2RYXsCpQu91FDqo/edit#gid=358523414

Welcome to a constructive discussion next week and have a nice weekend.

Kind regards,

Olga Cavalli
Javier Rúa-Jovet
Martin Sutton