[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] Fwd: France seizes France.com from man who’s had it since ‘94, so he sues - Ars Technica

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 22:36:46 UTC 2018

Great, lets keep it limited. But thanks Greg for reminding us where we can
end up..   some  supported two-letter second level domain names that
correspond to cctlds to go to governments and  cctld managers in new gtlds.
Some of those were generic pronouns like in and it. But no one had mercy on
generic names and no justifiable reason was given other than oh governments
own everything when it comes to their cctld... or at least can claim
ownership. The irony? Some of those cctld managers are actually private
companies benefiting handsomely from this.

Farzaneh