[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] WT5 Agenda, Work Plan & Consensus Call on Country & Territory Names - Please review before our call.

Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch
Tue Aug 7 14:22:44 UTC 2018

Dear Martin and all

Two quick comments:

·         The workplan seems very ambitious, probably too ambitious in terms of timing. The GAC recalled in its Panama Communique that “several GAC members expressed concern that the timeline for this work should allow for the complexity and sensitivity of many of the issues.”

·         Regarding the draft recommendation 1: shouldn’t there be a mention that letter-character or character-character combinations confusingly similar with a 2 letter country code should be avoided? (I think I heard this during the discussions on the issue…)

Kind regards

Jorge